Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The U.S. Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Visa Assistant. The schedule for this position is Full time 40 hours per week.
- Basic Function of the Position – Perform clerical work pertaining to visa processing and perform other consular duties, such as crisis response, as required. Be equally operationally effective with nonimmigrant, immigrant, and diversity visa and other travel document processing. Properly handle personally identifiable information (PII) and other sensitive information.
- With regards to consular services: properly accept applications and documents; input and verify data; prepare electronic and paper case files; draft internal and external communication; manage applicants and other consular clients; handle, transmit, archive, retrieve, and dispose of consular files.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in a position of trust (i.e., handling money or sensitive materials) involving the application of regulations to individual cases.
- Prior work experience must involve direct contact with customers.
- Understanding of the Consular Leadership Tenets.
- Progressively greater knowledge of the primary regulatory authority for visa processing, the 9 FAM.
- Knowledge of customer service precepts.
- Knowledge of specific protocols for protecting PII and other sensitive information.
At least two years of post-secondary study are required.
LANGUAGE: Level IV English required in speaking, reading and writing (fluent). Must be a native speaker of a Ghanaian language and a competent speaker of a least two Ghanaian languages (Language proficiency will be tested.)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be absolutely trustworthy as this is a position of trust, involving the handling and safe-keeping of highly sensitive items such as U.S. visa foils.
- Able to type 25 wpm. After training, ability to use both the NIV and the IVO Consular automated systems.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service at all times.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.