Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tullow Oil is a well-established, recognised independent oil and gas company focussed on Africa and South America. The Group has interests in over 70 exploration and production licences across 15 countries.
We are looking to hire an Offshore Installation Manager based in Ghana on a permanent basis. This role would suit an individual who is currently working as an Offshore Installation Manager.
This role will report directly to the Operations Manager and be based on a 28/28-day rotation schedule. The rotation will consist of office standby, offshore, and leave time. The individual will be responsible for the safe running of operations offshore and should have strong leadership skills in order to effectively communicate with the team.
- The OIM is responsible for the safe and cost-effective offshore operation, the maintenance of technical integrity with minimal environmental impact in compliance with legislation, class, flag and the Operations Management System.
- Co-ordinates and leads the TGL operations and maintenance teams on the FPSO for a safe, efficient and cost-effective operation
- Fulfils the risk management requirements by ensuring all risks in the operation and maintenance of the facility are identified, and procedures are established and implemented
- Manages and co-ordinates any emergency response plan
- Fulfils TGL operation goals and targets
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Co-ordinates and leads the Tullow operations and maintenance teams on the FPSO
- Provides a safe, efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Ensures that the Operations Management System (OMS), is implemented and maintained onboard the FPSO.
- Ensures that any non-compliance with the OMS is identified and addressed.
- Participates in annual review and provide assessment of the Operations Management System.
- Motivates, engages, and ensures participation of employees and contractors in the management of safety.
- Ensures that Tullow’s policies are known, understood and adhered to.
- Ensures all personnel who perform work on the FPSO are made aware of their responsibilities for managing health, safety, emergency response and compliance with the Operations Management System.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets and in the planning and co-ordination of campaign maintenance, conversions, or other major activities
- Oversees all activities and operations ensuring they are performed in accordance with the applicable procedures, that all relevant safety codes and regulations are followed and that simultaneous operations with high-risk potential are managed in accordance with the Operations Management System.
- Evaluates simultaneous operations and their impact on the integrity of the facilities ensuring procedures are in place to action and respond to any situation.
- Ensures familiarity with all limitations to the technical integrity of the facilities and with the inspection activities required.
- Fulfils risk management requirements by ensuring all risks in process systems, associated utilities and operations/maintenance tasks are identified and processes are established and implemented in line with the requirements and guidelines of the Jubilee development Safety Case.
- Manages implementation of engineering changes through the Management of Change procedure.
- Manages, controls, approves and monitors the Permit to Work system.
- Ensures full co-operation between all departments and personnel on the FPSO to ensure the safety of the facilities and efficient performance of all tasks.
- Ensures that lines of reporting or communication onboard are adhered to and that any changes in the onboard organization are reflected in a coordinated organization plan.
- Ensures, in conjunction with department heads, that appraisals of all personnel are conducted on a regular basis, training needs are analyzed, and training requirements fulfilled where considered necessary.
- Develops the facility’s annual plans and objectives, encompassing EHS, operations, technical integrity/maintenance, training and human resources to support and ensure the achievement of the facility’s annual plans and objectives.
- Ensures Succession Plans are in place in co-ordination with Human Resource Manager and Operations Manager.
- Ensures a good working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Complies with the EHS Code of Conduct Policy and Procedures to always protect people and the environment. Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Always complies with Tullow’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics policies and training.
- Ensures that the operations policy is managed in accordance with the business plan for continued development of an operations plan appropriate for the facility
- Supports the Operations Manager in the management of operational and maintenance budget, prepares cost estimates as required, controls costs and oversees the operation of the purchasing system
- Manages the human resources available to develop and maintain an integrated and effective work culture where all employees and contractors strive to achieve business goals
- Demonstrates visible leadership within changing working arrangements as required by the business by employing good communication skills, self-motivation and a proactive approach
A suitable engineering degree and/or a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the offshore oil industry, 10 years of which must have been in a Senior Supervisory position in the Operation and Maintenance of process plant, together with qualification required to serve as OIM
Minimum 10 years industry experience in a supervisory operations discipline role in the oil and gas industry, including at a refinery or offshore facility. Relevant operating experience on FPSO operations process/marine maintenance and Class requirements, and for the safe and efficient operation of plant and machinery permanently installed on the FPSO, and surveys requirements for certification and class
- Must be OPITO (Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization) certified.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills, culturally aware with experience of working with a multicultural workforce. Overseas experience is essential
- Experienced with safety management systems and certified on Management of Major Emergencies.
- Previous experience in a role with similar scope of work and responsibilities
- Ability to travel internationally and to offshore locations if required
- Computer literate and effective with “Office” software suite
- Management and interpersonal skills to interact with and coordinate the activities of contractors and within own multi-discipline project team
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- General knowledge on contractor management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Self-starter who works independently as well as part of a team.
- Acts as change agent to drive innovation and collaboration
- Drives and promotes a culture of excellence on based Tullow’s Values
- Able to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrates a proactive, innovative and fit-for-purpose solutions in problem solving
- Takes responsibility for tasks from start to completion
- Reacts quickly & flexible to changing circumstances
- Seeks ways to find and apply best practices in pragmatic ways for sustainable results
- Accepts accountability and responsibility whilst also engaging and consulting with supervisors, other engineers, and team leaders
- Able to establish an interactive relationship with the contractors / suppliers to establish a positive Company reputation.
- Uphold the Tullow Business Ethics & Values to lead by example
- Open, honest & reliable.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.