Jobs In Kumasi 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth) is an interdisciplinary health professions organization that works with educational institutions, Ministries of Health, and other stakeholders to improve the quality of health care in Africa through research, education and capacity building with a focus on health workforce development and interprofessional collaboration. It is formed by individuals, universities, institutions, and networks from all the geographic and linguistic regions of Africa namely Anglophone, Francophone, Lusophone and Arabophone.
To be a responsive and leading African forum in the pursuit of excellence in health research, education and service provision.
To provide African leadership for responsive health professions education, training, research and service delivery through:
(e) Strategic communication,
(f) Sharing best practices,
(g) Capacity building, and
(h) Transformation of responsive health professions education, research and healthcare deliver
CONTINUE READING BELOW
AFREhealth is driven by the following keys values:
c) Mutual respect;
d) Team spirit;
e) Gender sensitivity;
- Location: AFREhealth Secretariat, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- Start date: December 1, 2021
- Position Reports To Executive Director
Scope of Work:
The Senior Program Manager will have responsibility for the coordination, oversight and monitoring of AFREhealth projects. The incumbent will verify that the program produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost and to achieve the potential benefits as defined in the program description.
S/He will work closely with the AFREhealth program leads / Coordinators, technical, administrative and finance staff to ensure project resources are applied appropriately.
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of program activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of the program goals and objectives.
- Review project work plans and budgets and provide an oversight role on grantees programmatic work
- Contribute to the strategic planning of activities in support of AFREhealth goals and objectives, including the determination of program priorities.
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis and reporting of project outputs and results, working in close collaboration with any project coordinators and key personnel on the team, and to ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity tasks.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of materials related to AFREhealth projects and their respective results.
- Provide strategic and programmatic inputs to new proposals as needed.
- Work closely with project Coordinators and financial management team on any cost sharing requirements.
- Track project funds in line with approved budget and activities
- Prepare and submit timely project progress reports in adherence to funder guidelines
- Manage the day-to-day program activities and chairs the program management team meetings where necessary
- Provide on-going leadership for program team by building and motivating the team members to meet required deliverables.
- Work creatively, engage more with the team, especially in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Provide status reports about the project deliverables, risks and issues
- Participate in development of proposals, required documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, funders and other key stakeholders
- Ensure that programs are continuing in accordance with the scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree in health or social sciences or a related field
- Knowledge of donor and especially US federal grant regulations.
- A minimum of 7 years of mid- to senior-level experience implementing and managing complex public health programs
- Proven project management training
- Previous experience working with United States Government (USG) donors, with familiarity of USAID, CDC, and with USG regulations and compliance
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in the management of health projects and program staff
- Experience coordinating project activities in and across countries
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with partners to implement consortium and program activities
- Excellent oral, written communications and presentation skills to effectively communicate with donors, organizational boards, partners, findings and analyses.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; fluency in French or Portuguese is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.