Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Golder has an exciting new opportunity for a Tailings/Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mine Waste team on a full-time basis in Accra, Ghana. This is an Intermediate level position in the consulting team and is regarded as a professional person in the delivery of geotechnical and tailings services, in line with the Golder suite of engineering products.
Key Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Providing tailings services and technical advice on moderate complex tailings issues to clients (external & internal) on projects within the mining industry and liaising with Golder’s advanced testing laboratory.
- Providing geotechnical related services to the Mine Waste unit including geotechnical modeling, analyses and design, geotechnical investigations, and liaising with external commercial laboratories.
- Using advanced techniques, modifications, and extension of theories, practices to synthesize and analyze data for decision making/recommendations.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Managing, analyzing tailings and geotechnical reporting for projects which may include the design and inspection of mine waste storage facilities, the construction of tailings deposits, the operation and management of deposits, properties and behavior of tailings, closure and deposits stability and seeping analysis, and water storage dams and earthworks;
- Providing safety leadership in health & safety (HSSE incident reporting);
- Participating in training activities, mentoring, and transferring knowledge to junior geotechnical / tailings engineers.
- Planning, developing schedules, coordinating, and overseeing manpower on important engineering projects to meet completion deadlines.
- Supervising, coordinating, and reviewing/evaluating activities carried out by junior engineers; and
- Preparing proposals and reports for clients and building business relationships with clients.
Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
- Relevant degree (BEng or BSc) in Civil Engineering including 4 years plus experience post-graduation with developed specialist skills in tailings and geotechnical engineering.
- Honours degree (BEng or BSc) in the Geotechnical field preferred
- Professional registration at ECSA preferred
- Legislation related to engineering design supporting water use and waste management license applications.
- Financial knowledge (Understanding of Work in Progress, Accounts Receivables, and DSOs).
- Proven skills/ experience to lead integrated project mine waste projects coupled with sound project management skills; and
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Projects
- Proficient in Slope stability, seepage analysis, and FEM software, such as GeoStudio, Slide, and Praxis. Proficiency in other engineering-related software will be considered beneficial.
Your Benefits At Golder Will Include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package.
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic and globally connected work environment.
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment.
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and
- On-the-job training, mentoring and coaching.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading specialized engineering and consulting firm with over a half-century of successful service to its clients. With over 155 offices in more than 40 countries, Golder’s 7,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialised skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.