Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A reputable and rapidly growing organization is seeking the services of smart, confident, performance-oriented, and experienced professionals to occupy the position of SYSTEM AND NETWORK SUPPORT OFFICER.
The System and network support officer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance of the system and network hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
This individual ensures that system and network hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values. This individual is accountable for the following systems: Unix and Windows systems, Unix and Windows Applications, Network and Network devices (Routers and switches).
The core measures of performance for this position are:
- Adoption of efficient and cost-effective methods
- Quality and timeliness of support provided
- Implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures
- 100% Uptime of all systems
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good judgment and decision making
CONTINUE READING BELOW
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
OPERATIONS AND SUPPORT
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all network, hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off-site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide first level support per request from various branches and head office. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- Support start and close of day procedures
- Apply operating system patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports critical functions of the institution.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures and policies.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
ENGINEERING AND PROVISIONING
- Configure and manage routers and switches
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
PROBLEM-SOLVING (THINKING ENVIRONMENT)
There are two levels of problem-solving:
- What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis;
- What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem in conjunction with his or her supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
A degree in System and Network administration OR a combination of education and work experience
- A number of months/ years of previous professional experience in a similar position:
3 years experience in a similar position
Have excellent written and oral communication skills;
Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction;
Knowledge in the use of Windows, Unix, and Microsoft applications
Basic analytical and statistical skills
Fluency in English
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Strong problem-solving abilities,.
Ability to maintain confidentiality;
Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
Strong team player
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.