Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- To create the conceptual mine plan, design, and costs of the Subika underground operation to ensure safe, efficient, and optimal ore recovery, creating maximum value for Newmont, whilst complying with all regulatory requirements and safety standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Strategic Planning and Budgeting
- Contribute to cost control by participating in the annual budget preparation.
- Create and deliver annual mine assumptions, mine physicals, and costs regarding business planning for peer review by stakeholders.
- Represent underground throughout the regional business planning process.
- Support early-stage project development in the region.
- Identify possible constraints, risks, and opportunities and information management to assist with decision-making.
Mine Planning and Scheduling
- Plan the work required and deliver reserve calculations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with the geological department to increase the mine reserves via the resource/reserve process.
- Develop and update design parameters that include but is not limited to; primary ventilation; mine support services systems and ground control as it relates to long-term development/stope stability.
- Review and update my cut-off grades to maximize total reserve value.
- Develop a high-level life of mine plan and mine schedules that provide a detailed three-year perspective to the business needs.
- Provide guidance to short-term planning/scheduling to ensure alignment to longer-term goals.
- Establish and maintain appropriate communications and relationships within the department to understand their needs and provide advice for Geology and Survey as required.
- Establish and maintain appropriate communications between the department and other departments by maintaining appropriate relationships and a be-of-service approach.
Safety Health and Environment
- Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
- Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment regarding safety and environmental practices.
- Identify potential hazards and actions that should be appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety, and effectiveness.
- Raise, discuss and resolve safety issues at regular meetings.
Reporting and Compliance
- Maintain awareness of and compliance with company policies and procedures, federal and state regulations as well as local regulatory agencies.
- Ensure integrity of information and reporting standards.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Participate in the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes, and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement, and cost reduction.
- Support team members in their personal development.
- Work collaboratively with mine production and geology departments and assist other functional areas to achieve their objectives.
- Provide specialist technical advice to the team in areas of competence.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience in all underground engineering disciplines.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in underground mining operational time such as blasting, drilling, haulage and service crew works is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of the design software (DESSWIK).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills.
- Advanced planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- Financial administration, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Takes Initiative.
- Results Driven.
- Attentive to Detail.
- Creates documents that are error-free.
- Remains focused and productive under pressure
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Combination of office and Underground mining conditions.
- Moist wet surfaces with a section of the continuous waterfall.
- Potential for extreme dust particles and high heat/humidity.
- Noise exposure within the requirements for earplugs or/and earmuffs.
- The dark environment requires personal attachment of lit headgear.
- Underground conditions include steep decline with sections of uneven terrain.
- Unventilated areas with asphyxiating gaseous environments.
- Working with corrosive chemicals.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.