Jobs In Kumasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal.
To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization.
We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance.
Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways.
We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground.
Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At Rainforest Alliance we are looking for motivated and results oriented Associate – Member Monitoring (Assurance).
- The Associate Member Monitoring will be part of the Rainforest Alliance Ghana team.
- The Associate Member Monitoring is responsible for conducting regular field monitoring of Rainforest Alliance Certificate Holders (members) to understand their progress in implementing Rainforest Alliance standards requirements.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The Associate Member Monitoring will use monitoring visits to identify members’ needs for additional support or further investigation of key issues including traceability, payment of premium, deforestation, and child labor.
- The Associate Member Monitoring will provide regular reporting on field visits conducted.
- This position reports to the Manager Team Member Monitoring.
Associate Member Monitoring Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular visits to Certificate Holders (Members) to monitor progress on the implementation of improvement recommendations to close Non-Conformities identified in Audit reports;
- Analyze information collected during field visits to :
- Identify deviations and ongoing risks in members’ implementation of improvements
- Identify members’ needs for further training and support
- Identify observations that are inconsistent with the finding of Audit reports and signal the need for further investigation
- Provide regular reports, including through IT-based reporting methods and providing related documents and photographs, on each visit
- Schedule and implement regular follow-up visits based on the progress and needs of individual members
- Support Certificate Holders in the development of their geolocation and farms mapping strategy
- Collaborate with the Assurance Manager, Country Team, Standard & Assurance department and any other relevant departments to ensure the quality of implementation of Rainforest Alliance standards and certification procedures and processes;
- Collaborate with the Assurance Manager, Country Team, Standard & Assurance department, Reimagining Certification teams and any other relevant departments to propose, design, and implement improvements to the certification process and assurance system, and to support the rollout of the new standard and its related procedures;
- Develop strong trust relationships with members;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance at the local level as required at relevant meetings and events with members and Certification Bodiess;
- Maintain contact and/or develop relationships locally with authorities (local administration offices and local regulation boards offices) and partners; and
- Report regularly on interesting stories (successes and achievements, challenges and actions taken);
- Report regularly on Key Performances Indicators defined together with the management;
- Propose areas of improvement of RA’s assurance strategy, workplan and tools.
Associate Member Monitoring Qualifications:
- Tertiary level qualification (at least Bachelor + 2/3 years) in a relevant field like agronomy, natural resources, forestry, rural development, sociology and/or economy or related;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with smallholder producers and/or producer groups and/or community-based organizations;
- Minimum 2 years working experience in the cocoa sector is desirable;
- Knowledge of Certification Programs and their requirements – especially new Rainforest Alliance standard is desirable;
- Good planning skills and ability to adopt quickly to changes in schedules;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships of trust and confidence with members and local stakeholders, including ability to adapt appropriately to different local cultures, and social contexts
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and stay focused
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and information from multiple sources and identify action focused recommendations
- Ability to write clear reports and presentations;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiar with the use of IT technologies and/or various farm management applications. Ability to use GPS;
- Basic knowledge of GIS applications;
- Written and verbal fluency in English;
- Ability to spend significant time in rural areas and travel frequently to producer groups locally and nationally (a minimum of 70% field-based work per year);
- Strong personal ethics and integrity and commitment to uphold the rules and values of the Rainforest Alliance is essential.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.