Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are recruiting for an In-country Coordinator to assist with qualitative data collection for this evaluation. The coordinator will be responsible for arranging and coordinating interviews with key stakeholders, and may also be responsible for obtaining written informed consent, assisting with or conducting the interviews, and securely transferring audio recordings of interviews to LSHTM.
This position will take place at various locations including at offices of the Ministry of Health, health facilities, and communities throughout Ghana as needed. The position will encompass various tasks detailed below.
Key duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Organize and lead introductory meetings with the Ministry of Health, and other officials as needed in order to raise awareness and obtain local approval for the evaluation
- Interact with stakeholders with the highest level of professionalism and respect, in order to arrange in-depth interviews
- Recruit participants to take part in the study
- Schedule data collection visits
- Seek and obtain informed consent from study participants
- Facilitate data collection that will be conducted remotely via phone, Zoom, or Skype
- Conduct in-depth interviews in-person, with support from LSHTM, as and when needed
- Ensure adherence to all ethics and standard protocols during data collection
- Explain the study rationale comprehensively and answer questions from the public about the study
- Report any arising matters to LSHTM and help resolve them
- Perform any other tasks relating to the research as required
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences/Public Health or a related field
Resident of Ghana
Proven ability to interact with national-level stakeholders
Previous experience of support to policy studies, particularly at the national level
Ability to organize and manage data collection and associated logistics
Ability to manage own workload and deliver to deadlines
Ability to work independently and as of a multidisciplinary team
Experience administering/conducting qualitative interviews
Experience coordinating research is an advantage
Strong organizational skills, ability to take responsibility and prioritize efficiently
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.