Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
FHI 360 is seeking a full-time Technical Officer I to lead FHI 360’s activities in Ghana under the Sexual Health and Reproductive Education (SHARE) program, a five-year, multi-country CAD $36.69M program funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
Designed as a gender-transformative, human-rights progressive sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) program, SHARE’s ultimate outcome is to increase the enjoyment of health-related human rights by adolescent girls and young women in Ghana, Mozambique, and Uganda.
SHARE will be implemented as a consortium led by Right To Play (RTP), in partnership with WaterAid, the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE), and FHI 360.
SHARE will leverage the four unique areas of expertise of the consortium members and technical partners – RTP’s Gender-Responsive Play-Based Learning approach, WaterAid’s expertise in WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), FAWE’s strong experience in advocacy and policy change, and FHI 360’s girl-focused health service and empowerment methodologies.
Provides technical support and guidance to consortium partners in Ghana as requested. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Leads site-level activities in the geographical region where project activities are being implemented.
Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Assists and gives guidance with the development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prepares for and leads training
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and interventions for research projects.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents. Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials, and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff. Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with providing technical support for research studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak proficient English.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required. Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports. Ability to problem-solve and implements corrective action as needed.
- Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of moderate scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds rapport with internal and external staff.
- Decisions may affect a work unit or area within a department.
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments or projects.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent • Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 2+ years of project data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Proficiency with database management software and online search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs, and other handheld devices.
- 10% – 25%, unless based in the province where project activities are taking place
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits. Please visit the FHI 360 Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an employer with equal opportunity and affirmative action. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status in policies, programs, or activities.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.