Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
ActionAid Ghana seeks to engage a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the development and implementation of AA Ghana’s fundraising strategy, operational plan, and related policies with the objective of maximizing income for ActionAid Ghana’s programmes.
• In order to achieve this, the Head of Fundraising shall initiate and cultivate relationships with potential and existing donors in the country and internationally and also facilitate linkages between AA Ghana and the international fundraising team to deliver on strategic fundraising objectives, donor relations, contract management, and reporting.
• This is a senior management position, and the holder is expected to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness through participation in decision making, advising on partnership and fundraising, communication, and implementation of agreed upon decisions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
• Formulation and implementation of resource mobilization strategies, policies, and procedures through the contextualization of the AAI Global Funding policies and strategies to Ghana’s context;
• Exploration of existing and alternative funding options especially Institutional funding;
• Diversification of program funding to achieve a healthy mix of sponsorship and institutional donor funding;
• Overseeing sponsorship funding operations to ensure quality and timely management of funding and sponsor communications;
• Development and implementation of donor intelligence mechanisms;
• Tracking of resource mobilization trends and incorporating feasible innovations into Ghana’s practices.
• Formulation of fundable proposals in line with CSP programs and in accordance with the ActionAid Ghana fundraising policy and strategy;
• Ensuring uniformity and consistency of funding proposals;
• Building relationships with other INGOs for consortium fundraising
• Maintaining a sponsorship funding base through the recruitment, retention, and relationship management of sponsors and the children they support;
• Maintenance of sponsorship targets, standards, and communication as well as sharing of learning on sponsorship developments;
• Ensuring steady funds inflow within the organization;
• Coordinating all fundraising in and outside Ghana as well as reporting on the use of resources to respective donors.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Second Degree with at least 10 years working experience of which 5 years must be at executive management level. Membership of a relevant professional institute
CONTINUE READING BELOW
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge /skills required for successful execution of the job).
• Corporate reputation management,
• Website and social media management
• Contracts management and photography
• Donor intelligence gathering
• Relationship Management
• Good communication skills
• Editing skills
• Proposal writing skills
• Computer skills
• Marketing skills
• In-depth understanding of programming issues and Policy work at organizational, national, and international levels; and
• Have practical experience in resource mobilization including proposal development, donor reporting, and managing donor relations.
MANAGERIAL (State core managerial knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• People management skills
• Experience in training, coaching, mentoring, and developing others.
• Financial management
• Must be able to work with very little supervision.
PERSONALITY (State core personal attributes required for successful execution of the job)
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Gender sensitivity
• Child sensitivity.
• Interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
CONTINUE READING BELOW
• This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
How To Apply
Send your application to
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.