Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state-of-the-art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre, and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities, and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for conducting all audit-related duties while ensuring revenues, expenses, and profit are closely monitored and budgeted figures (over)-achieved, day-end closing is done properly, financial policies and procedures are supported and followed. They are responsible for the smooth running of the front desk related departments during the night whiles operating the hotel front desk systems for reservations, and check-in/check-out in accordance with Kempinski standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Process guest registrations, including the computation and collection of payment.
- Perform nightly balancing of all services to ensure proper posting to the property management system.
- Perform nightly backup of the server.
- Prepare express checkout folios.
- Maintain room status inventory.
- Communicate all pertinent shift information to (Night Manager) Front Office Manager and other desk staff.
- Send and receive telephone calls and facsimiles; sort incoming mail and messages.
- Maintain knowledge of key competitors’ products.
- Ensure effective communication and working relationship with the operations team and other departments for success and to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure paperwork to guests and other divisions is processed in a timely manner.
- Process all financial transactions, including the verification and processing of credit card transactions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Deliver any financial reports as required.
- Generate, print, and distribute daily and weekly reports.
- Complete and verify all audit paperwork and shift reports.
- Provide guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all front office policies, procedures, standards, and satisfaction of guests’ needs.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Support the training and development initiatives of HR or other departments.
- Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events, and briefs direct subordinates accordingly so that all Front Office team members are able to answer guest requests and questions.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Degree in Finance/Accounting/Hospitality Management
- 3 years experience in a similar role/previous experience with cashiering preferably in a five-star international hotel
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Communication skills
- Complaint handling skills
- Comprehensive Opera knowledge
- Comprehensive Micros knowledge
- Up-Selling techniques
- Microsoft Excel and Statistical knowledge
- Passionate for European luxury
- Problem-solving & Decision making
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Concern for quality
- Detailed oriented
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Customer service orientation
- Listening and Communication Skills
- Writing skills
- Stress Management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service.
We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.