Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
To lead the execution of the strategy for mine operations and ensure business plans align with the organization’s overall goal.
To formulate short and long term plans for the Underground mines to ensure the continued growth of the mine operations in a cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the organizational strategic objectives
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the underground Mine in both development and production at a trackless mechanized mine to maximize safety, operational efficiencies, and profitability.
- Set performance targets and measures, monitor, and manages the overall performance of employees and/or contract workers at the Underground (UG) Mine.
- Effectively manage the annual operating and capital budgets for mine operations, consistent with Kinross’ established financial guidelines and business planning process.
- Formulate and execute strategies that support the growth of mine operations; ensures strategies are linked to the organization’s overall strategy.
- Advise and cooperate with all other departments affected by changes in mine operations and assists in overall mine management through interaction with other departments
- Determine staffing levels and personnel requirements for Underground Operations.
- Ensure there is a comprehensive and effective succession management strategy in place for the operation; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talent and actively develops key talent
- Responsible for the Forecasting / Strategic Business Planning / Budgeting, and formulate training strategies for all UG Staff.
- Evaluate operation policies and directives to ensure consistency with safe operating procedures
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Underground Mine Manager’s certificate of competency.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in an underground mining environment.
- Additional specialized training or education in project management, operations management, safety, and risk assessment, or continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
- Experience in multiple underground mining methods, use of explosives, ground support, and backfill placement.
- Working knowledge of underground rock mechanics, mine planning, survey, ventilation requirements, and principles.
- Budgeting, planning, and scheduling experience required as well as financial (cost) management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power-point, and outlook.
- Flexible rotations including night shift and demonstrated ability to work under pressure safely.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.