Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Quality Assurance Manager
Country Office- Accra
CONTINUE READING BELOW
[A concise statement, capturing the primary reasons that this role exists and a clear articulation of the context of the role. How will this role contribute to creating lasting change for children?]
This position under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Quality Assurance function is responsible for developing, directing, and coordinating a comprehensive quality assurance program that supports the improvement of the risk management of Plan International Ghana.
Reporting to the County Director, this position is responsible for the Internal Audit (IA) function of Plan International Ghana, including the management of the Internal Audit.
He/she is responsible for the strategic direction of the function, specifically contributing to the improvement of the quality and compliance of Plan Inter Ghana’s operations and programs to the standards/procedures/policies of the organization and relevant donors. The position will direct and coordinate a comprehensive Internal Audit program that supports the improvement of the risk management of Plan International Ghana.
Whilst the responsibility for risk management falls to the Country Leadership Team (CLT), the IA function is the primary instrument for its implementation and improvement
Dimensions of the Role
[This section provides a summary of the size and authority of the post. It covers the size of the budget held, the numbers of direct reports, other key stakeholders who may depend on it, the type of communication required, the external representation involved, and the reach of the role.]
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – Countrywide
- Located at country level
- Programs systems and processes for compliance and management information
- Risk Management and support for the proper functioning of all Plan systems.
- Provide the Management of Plan International Ghana with updated and concise information on its operations and program implementation and proactively identify risks that need to be mitigated and/or eliminated.
- To oversee internal control in all of our program units’ offices including Grants and sponsorship programs.
- Plan International Ghana is working through partners and will continue to increase its portfolio of engagement with partners. The position will therefore be responsible for leading due diligence against all partners, supporting the development of capacity building plans, regularly conducting audits, and working closely with the Programs team to support them in the implementation of the Plan’s Building Better Partnerships policy.
- Plan International Ghana has a sponsorship caseload of 27,653. There is an absolute need to assure management of the quality of communications produced thus continuing maintenance of sponsors' trust.
- To identify and analyze the risks that may impede Plan International Ghana from achieving its objectives concerning its partners and communities by providing appropriate measures to satisfactorily manage the different risks identified.
- To provide reasonable assurance on the functionality of procedures and policies to assure management of the protection and safeguarding of children and other key stakeholders; and the accuracy and reliability of financial reporting and supporting information.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
[This section is critical for clarifying expectations of the role, providing the framework for its relationship with colleagues, and providing areas of accountability against which performance can be managed.
This should include a series of brief statements that define the results required. e.g. drive, contribute, identify, manage, responsible for, advise/coach, build, develop, provide, conduct, oversee, establish, participate, etc.
Statements should ideally be worded so that they will lead to thoughts of measurement. For example, it is better to state something like "achieve maintenance standards" than "undertake maintenance". The former leads to a measure against the maintenance standards.]
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Coordinates and monitors the Quality Assurance function and programs.
- Participates in the design, implementation, and monitoring of all the processes required in the Quality Assurance work (annual plan, standard working papers, reporting format, and protocols), etc.
- Strengthens the risk management processes in line with the Global and Regional strategy through facilitation of the country risk management plan of actions and monitoring of the Risk Register.
- Follows up on Action-Plans agreed between management and external Auditors for full compliance and report to Country Director
- Reviews the current Internal Control Systems for its effectiveness and appropriateness to achieve the organization’s objectives and reports on areas of improvement.
- Performs special confidential tasks assigned by the Country Director.
- Ensures quality standards are met through a review of processes at risk in the annual review plan.
- Monitors action taken by management in response to assurance reviews, ensuring effective follow-up.
- Performs other duties, including undertaking complex or sensitive reviews and investigations as assigned.
- Adheres to Plan’s Child Protection Policy to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Supports in ensuring Plan’s gender equality policy is adhered to.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to ensure the effective implementation of the Country’s program.
- Oversee the review of contracts, MoUs, funding agreements in conformity with approved procedures, laws.
- Control of sponsorship communication- test of different types of communications.
- Participate in departmental meetings to share experience and understand the workings of the department.
- Participate in all external audits commissioned by Plan or donor.
- Participate in Global Assurance audit.
Providing Assurance: Planning, monitoring and quality review of Assurance engagements on key systems, processes, policies, and controls carried out at the Country level.
- Develops a Financial Year (FY) work plan for the country/specific area of work, as agreed with the Country Director, that assures key systems, processes, policies, and controls in Plan Ghana
- Prepares and monitors the budget to implement the Annual Work plan
- Reviews ongoing assurance assignments on the work plan in line with International Standards on internal auditing
- Prepares reports to relevant stakeholders on assurance engagement assignments undertaken
- Monitors the process of management’s actions in response to Assurance Reviews.
- Assure management of compliance to Plan policies and procedures by regularly reporting on assignments carried out.
- Conduct a review of the procurement process to determine the level of risk and propose actions to mitigate them.
- Contribute to the quarterly review of the country budget through budget versus actual spreadsheet.
- Responsible for the quarterly review of advances and their liquidation in SAP software.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.