Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
As part of Unilever Ghana Finance organization, this role is the Business Controls and Process Improvement anchor for the non-supply chain area of the business, it reports to the Controls and Process Improvement Manager West Africa and will be based in Ghana.
The key essence of this role is to support the Controls and Process Improvement Manager West Africa to improve total business processes and ensure SAP compliance in PTP, RTR, OTC (order to cash) & Manufacturing and ensure a satisfactory control environment across WA markets.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Provide an independent view on the health of the business internal control environment and maintain a satisfactory controls environment.
- Drive the sustainable process improvement within the business.
- Documentation of SOPs and Policies for processes that are currently not documented across all functions in Nigeria
- Engagement of process owners and stakeholders to ensure end to end process understanding and risk identification
- Driving timely updates with process owners with a focus on documenting and preserving procedures for business continuity.
- Walkthrough sessions on SOPs and Policies with stakeholders after execution
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Engaging process owners/responsible employees to further drill down into the root cause of the audit gaps identified from the audits. This is to ensure the cause of the gaps is known and properly addressed.
- Hold sessions with relevant functional leads and process owners to ensure the right set of actions are taken to close audit gaps.
- Driving and supporting auditees in ensuring that audit actions are followed through and closed out OTIF.
- Review of all evidence of closure actions for adequacy and sharing same with the audit team.
- Conduct and drive internal assurance activities (spot checks, audits) following the annual plan
- Engagement with external teams for support of audit closure as required
- Drive execution of controls per GFCF and ensure that evidence is properly archived.
- Conduct periodic reviews of processes in line with GFCF to improve current operations.
- Drive awareness including conducting training sessions with process owners and teams on GFCF, SOA, processes, etc.
- Manage the induction process on controls for new hires to drive the right controls mindset in new employees.
- Coordinating with Controls Service Centre to close out on key expectations from the markets with a focus on driving compliance and meeting set timelines, e.g., Self-assessment, FCA, etc.
- Manage access controls to SAP, issues resolution, sessions with regional teams, quarterly access controls sessions, SAP utilization review, segregation of duties, special projects, etc.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- University Degree and professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA)
- Min 2 years process improvement experience with proven integrity
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda including good customer service
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence, and build credibility with all levels and all functions
- Analytical, interpretative, and decision-making skills
- Excellent coaching and relationship building skills
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, vision, Word and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge in ERP
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Possession of Lean Six Sigma certification is added advantage
CONTINUE READING BELOW
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Careers with Purpose | World-Class Career Development Programs | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
At Unilever, we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.