Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ghana Broadcasting Corporation (GBC) seeks to employ qualified persons at its Information Technology Department, specifically into the under-listed functional area: Corporate ICT Manager (Network Administration)
The general duties and responsibilities for all three (3) areas will include but are not limited to the following:
- Collect and analyse data to support the IT application systems
- Collate and analyse information and data for the development of technical specifications for the requisiting and the deployment of equipment software resources and other IT systems for the Section/Unit
- Conduct IT application systems testing and make recommendations for further action
- Conduct process analayses of systems and applications and provide inputs/recommendations to support IT application design, development and deployment for the section/unit
- Provide information for design and development of procedures, standards and guidelines to support the implementation of IT systems for the section/unit
- Collect and analyse data in the investigations of complaints on the IT systems for appropriate action
- Collect and analayse data on the testing of application systems deployed in the section/unit
- Provide inputs for the preparation of periodic reports for the section/unit
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Fully configure, maintain and upgrade the corporate networks and in-house servers
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilisation throughput, goodput, and latency)
- Monitor and test network for weaknesses
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end-user
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
Qualification Required & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in information technology, computer science or computer engineering. A masters degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 4 years post qualification relevant work experience in a reputable organisation
- Relevant advance professional Level IT certificates or industry competency based certifications
- Must belong to the relevant professional association/body/institution
- Good knowledge in IT systems, IT infrastructure, applications and operations development
- Good knowledge in IT system designs, Data and specification analysis
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT security, systems, operations and general protocols
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT regulations, standards and general protocols
- Good knowledge and understanding of Business Process Analysis for IT Application systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT Application System Testing
- Knowledge of public sector rules, regulations, systems and procedures
- Basic administrative skills (i.e report-writing, basic-problem solving & presentation)
- Research and analysis skills
- Ability to lead teams
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The salary attached to this position is attractive and in consonance with provisions under the Single Spine Salary Structure (SSSS) of the Republic of Ghana
How To Apply
Applications with detailed CVs should be addressed and sent to:
Ghana Broadcasting Corporation
No1, Kanda Link, Kanda
P.O.Box 1633, Accra
Or email to:
Closing Date: 4th October 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.