Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A young but growing Non-Governmental Organization working primarily in the areas of Education, Health, and Youth has a vacancy for a full-time Finance Manager. The ideal candidate should have experience in the financial and administrative management of multiple funded projects in Ghana.
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Manager
Reports To: The Executive Director
Purpose Of The Job: To oversee the financial and administrative management of the organization.
The Finance Manager will, among others, undertake the following tasks:
Managing financial resources
- Enforce expenditure commitment policy of the organization
- Lead in the preparation of management and donor financial reports
- Manage payroll and ensure accurate, timely, and efficient distribution of salaries; and process all payments for payroll, taxes, and relevant program/vendor expenses. This includes:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Maintain the accounts payable list, inventory files, and all the company’s financial documents in a filing system that ensures the security and confidentiality of every financial file and employee record.
- Supervise the budget plan for the office for easier financial management. Serve as the reporter of estimated yearly expenditures and produce written output regarding the institution’s budget.
- Maintain and monitor the general ledger and books in appropriate accounting software
- Ensure effective financial operation of all finance and administrative staff of the organization
Implement administrative and operational framework in compliant with Ghana laws as well as donor regulations
- Ensure the organization complies with all financial reporting requirements.
- Assist the Executive Director in drawing partnership agreements,
- Manage contractual documents
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage of all official vehicles and properties
- And all administrative duties of the organization
Administrative management of Human resources:
- Payroll Management and other Human Resource issues in compliance with Ghana labor laws
- Manage procurement in line with procurement policy and contractual relations with suppliers
- Create supplier and consultants’ pool
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management.
- A master’s degree in accounting, business management, and administration, finance, economics will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member or part qualified of ICA Ghana, ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Ability to prepare project budget
- Must demonstrate a good turnaround time
- At least 3-5 years experience of administrative and financial management
- Financial management, human resource management, and accounting experience
- Experience in managing organizations different grants from different donors (both public donors and private foundations) and in multiple currency transactions
- Ability to effectively work in English with excellent spoken and written skills
Knowledge of accounting software’s i.e QuickBooks, MYOB, Tally among others
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Skills / Abilities
- Ability to elaborate annual budgets and monitor their implementation
- Ability to establish expense processing procedures that comply with donor requirements
- Ability to work with relevant accounting software
- Autonomy, discipline, adaptability,
- A strong sense of diplomacy, sociability, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work within a small, multi-cultural team.
- The candidate should have at least 4 years of experience work in a similar position.
- Willingness and ability to work occasionally at non-standard hours
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted electronically only, using the email:
latest 1st November 2021.
Applications: Cover letters and CVs are accepted with at least 2 referees including their email and contact numbers.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.