Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the development and managing the implementation of the Group’s sales and marketing strategies to achieve budgeted top-line revenue to maximize business growth and increase shareholders value
Director Of Sales Marketing Responsibilities
Sales & Marketing Strategy & Policy Development
- Provide technical expertise in the development of a Sales & Marketing strategy as input into the overall Group strategic plan.
- Provide input into the development of policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plans and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the Group’s Business Development, Sales & Marketing function to achieve its objectives.
- Collaborate with Business Heads to implement sales & marketing strategies that are appropriate to the current needs of Group and its subsidiaries.
- Participate and provide technical input into the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure that the Group maximizes its short, medium, and long-term profitability and shareholder returns.
Director Of Sales Marketing Market Research & Business Development Initiatives
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in the conception and formulation of new business ideas into saleable projects and identify potential investors/partners for off-taker agreements in line with the Group’s business strategy.
- Review, analyze, evaluate approved business strategies/plans for new business initiatives, and provide detailed financial models to examine the value of income-generating business model ideas in line with the Group’s overall strategy/plan.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- · Provide leadership in identifying and developing business proposals and major bids in line with required specifications (technical, regulatory, etc.) and service/project management standards.
- Review and analyze the Group’s business lines/markets in line with the Government’s development agenda regarding private sector participation and/or initiative and initiate action to position subsidiaries for business opportunities.
- Direct research activities on existing markets and competitors to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats and develop measures to minimize the impact of threats and take advantage of the identified opportunities to maximize market share and profit.
- Provide leadership and direction in research on the changing needs and expectations of customers/clients (existing and prospective) to inform the development of new products and services.
- Lead in sourcing and implementing new business opportunities/initiatives in line with the Group’s overall business strategy.
- Regularly assess and advise Management on business operations and other interventions to expand operations to become more competitive and viable.
Director Of Sales Marketing Sales & Marketing Initiatives
- Develop comprehensive sales and marketing strategies to meet business objectives and the Group’s overall business plan.
- Lead the Sales & Marketing team to drive total revenue and take responsibility for the achievement of the Group’s budgeted revenue streams and bottom line.
- Spearhead the sales & marketing efforts to maintain a visible and active presence in the local and international markets to enhance new business acquisition whilst supporting existing relationships.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of sales and marketing campaigns for new products and services and monitor its implementation to ensure compliance with approved strategies and policies.
- Work closely with the relevant internal stakeholders to ensure that customer/client expectations are met on a timely basis.
Director Of Sales Marketing Monitoring & Evaluation
- Liaise with the operations/service delivery heads to ensure that services rendered conform to the approved business initiative/idea, are cost-effective, of high quality, and meet the needs of targeted clients/customers as well as the strategic focus.
- Monitor potential new business opportunities and decide on which opportunities to pursue in close collaboration with all stakeholders and identify avenues for project financing.
Stakeholder Relations Management
- Establish and maintain professional relationships and liaise closely with policymakers, government officials, MDAs, and other business executives to explore business opportunities and advise Management and/or Board as appropriate.
- Forge/facilitate the development of strategic partnerships with potential business investors (local and international) for businesses.
- Network and collaborate with key stakeholders and other organizations (NGOs, private companies, and government) to generate ideas, create partnerships and implement business models.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Financial & Audit Management
- Supervise the preparation of the annual budget for the Sales & Marketing Department and monitor its implementation to ensure compliance.
- Participate in the negotiations for the award of contracts to suppliers, consultants, and contractors.
- Coordinate all internal and external audit programs at the Department and follow-up to ensure that audit queries are handled expeditiously.
- Certify and recommend for payment, invoices, claims, etc.
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with business-related legislation, rules, and regulations in Ghana and countries of potential/current business partners and advise Management as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive database to track and provide information on the Group’s clients and other business initiatives.
- Keep the Chief Operating Officer and Business Heads informed of potential business initiatives, emerging trends, and best practices in sales and marketing management.
- Prepare and submit periodic and/or Adhoc sales & marketing report(s) to Superior and/or other relevant stakeholders to aid in decision-making.
Employee Performance & Development
- Maintain a professional Sales & Marketing team with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience and professional certification.
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing their assignments to ensure the department’s goals are achieved.
- Conduct performance appraisal, provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for direct reports.
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for direct reports.
Director Of Sales Marketing Education
- Master’s degree or in Marketing Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics or related discipline.
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body.
- Not less than twelve (12) years relevant working experience in a similar role with at least seven (7) years in senior management.
Director Of Sales Marketing Required Competencies
- Thorough understanding of sales and marketing strategy development.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, package, sell project/business initiatives and clinch deals.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic business planning methodologies, tools, and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the business environments of Ghana and other foreign countries of importance to the Group.
- Ability to fluently speak and write multiple foreign languages.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive.
- Considerable knowledge of Ghana’s Trade Policy, GIPC regulations, and other regulatory bodies/agencies with regard to business operations and/or relations with foreign content.
- Proven and demonstrable ability to develop fresh approaches and innovations as appropriate.
- Proven ability to set clear priorities between competing demands for resources and manage own tasks and priorities effectively.
- Sound understanding of budgets and financial reports to identify implications in the implementation and management of business initiatives.
- Excellent leadership, managerial, coaching, mentoring, and interpersonal skills in a team setting.
- Strong networking and influencing skills.
- Strong research, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Superior critical thinking skills to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and report writing skills.
- High level of maturity and ability to inspire confidence and motivate staff to be result-oriented.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of project management.
- Ability to work under pressure in a target-driven environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, internet, and sales, and marketing software/tools.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their application and curriculum vitae to the email address to
By the close of day on Friday, 1st October 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.