Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We’re looking for a skilled and passionate Compliance & Audit Officer to join the most dynamic and fastest expanding FinTechs on the continent. With a passion for payments, they identified a gap in the African payments landscape and swiftly moved to bridge that gap and move the online payments industry into center stage.
This is a chance for you to join a company whose continued mission is to turn online transactions into a preferred choice of conducting business across all industries! They are all about FinTech!
A bit about the role:
The role is based in one of the up-and-coming FinTech hubs of Africa – Accra, Ghana. As their Compliance & Audit Officer (Ghana), your primary responsibility will be to uphold the business’s compliance culture and standards, ensuring the highest standards of compliance behavior and raising awareness of regulatory requirements and compliance policies.
You will also be required to advise the board and management team on relevant regulatory policies and procedures while regularly conducting a risk-based audit of financial, operational & information systems.
- Ensure operations in Ghana follows all regulatory requirements including the schemes, acquiring banks and MNOs
- Identify regulatory/policy gaps and their root causes and work with each division to correct deficiencies
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Responding to inquiries received from staff on the organization’s compliance mechanisms and systems
- Assist the Compliance Division in the implementation of new compliance-related processes and special projects
- Support audit and assessment activity of PCI DSS, GDPR, and any other external audit the organization will undertake
- Act as the in-country Ghana Money Laundering Reporting Officer. Taking responsibility for AML and Financial Crime Compliance in Ghana
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations
- Work with the Training Department to ensure that all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes
- Manage and coordinate meaningful reporting internally and externally, respond to information requests and proactively communicate regulatory changes and notifiable events
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible risks or weaknesses and propose mitigation plans
- Report on the status of day-to-day operational compliance requirements and the adherence of team members to the same
A bit about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field from a recognized institution
- Financial institution and compliance experience with exposure to different financial institution products and business operations
- Internal Audit experience will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in conducting transaction monitoring reviews, deep investigations, and reporting suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Professional certification in AML/CFT will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCI DSS & GDPR Requirements
- Experience completing and/or review of risk assessments is an added advantage
- Oral & Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively, recognizing that communication is more than just a language that includes tone, style, and structure
- Innovation: Ability to come up with new ideas
- Prioritization: Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan
- Good understanding of AML/CFT regulatory policies with the ability to apply regulatory concepts in the day-to-day job functions
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze and decipher high-risk attributes
- Teamwork: Ability to work with and through others
- Adaptability: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing demands
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.