Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making a Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies, and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children.
We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Palladium has an opportunity for three Consultants, for A 20-days assignment, to be carried from 30th September 30th to October 25th, with the final consultancy report to be submitted no later than October 25th.
The Consultants will report to the Pharmaceutical Sector Lead via emails and work closely with other assigned team members.
The primary medium of communication and reporting on the progress of planned activities, including submission of report documents, shall be via email.
BACKGROUND OF ASSIGNMENT
Ghana is scheduled to fully transition from Gavi support by 2027 and will need to cover all its routine vaccine needs which are estimated at approximately USD 30 million per annum.
The estimate for immunizing the population target of 20 million people for COVID-19 is over $250 million.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
There is the need for Ghana to achieve self-sufficiency in vaccine manufacturing to meet its needs and place it in a position to manage future pandemics by being able to readily manufacture and deploy vaccines.
Against this background, the President of the Republic of Ghana commissioned and tasked the Committee on Vaccine Manufacturing to develop a roadmap to ensure the establishment of vaccine manufacturing in Ghana to meet country and regional needs.
The Presidential Vaccine Manufacturing Committee (VMC) has recently developed a draft comprehensive 10-year roadmap for vaccine manufacturing in Ghana with support from GIZ.
A detailed feasibility study on vaccine production is being planned, however, in the interim, it has become necessary to conduct scenario analysis to inform the Vaccine Production Committee, GOG, and Development Partners.
It is with this background that this TOR has been developed. More information is available at the bottom of this advert.
The Government of Ghana plans to establish a fill-and-finish vaccine manufacturing plant within two years.
Three (3) consults are needed to provide national /regional market data, financial modeling of the project, and cost of the plant including machines for the fill-and-finish as well as Blow-Fill-Seal (BFS).
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- To advise on the viability of local vaccine production based on demand forecasting and the existing industry (global) structure.
- To determine the cost of establishing and operating a fill-and-finish vaccine plant in Ghana for both Glass vials filling and BFS vial filling lines (CAPEX & OPEX).
- To determine what financial arrangements all the potential vaccine manufacturers can put forward as local investors.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Estimate year-on-year demand for selected childhood immunization vaccines and COVID-19 vaccines over a 10-year horizon from 2023 as the baseline year in Ghana.
- Based on 1 above build scenarios for local production versus imports with regards to pricing and volumes, considering the following:
- At what volume of production will Ghana made vaccines cost-effective compared to imports (currently imported vaccines) taking into consideration the cost of Goods, Insurance, Freight, and other levies;
- Optimum price of COVID-19 vaccine to be cost-effective based on cost simulations.
- Based on industry CAPEX and OPEX estimates, how long will fill and finish investment take to break even, and at what optimal level of production (production volume and value)?
- Based on 1 & 2 above what will be the minimum offtake guarantee per year from the GOG for the project to be investable? And what would be the minimum period to grant advanced market commitment to the project by GOG and Partners.
- Based on 1 to 3 provide an advisory on the viability of local production of the vaccines.
- Draw examples and best practices from other comparable countries and projects.
- Provide visibility on historical purchases and projections of vaccines (2015-2025) in Ghana, to identify potential off-takers / partners of the vaccine project
- Determine the potential risks to this investment and possible mitigation plans
- Presentation of findings to the Vaccine Manufacturing Committee, and selected development partners
- The final scenario analysis report
- Risks and mitigation plans
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications And Requirements
The individual/consortium must be well versed in Ghana and West African public health systems.
This assignment shall require the services of three consultants, notably:
- National Consultant- to collate all the historical vaccines supply data from the government and all other partners who have been involved with vaccine supplies to Ghana eg. GAVI, UNICEF, etc and any other local information required by the International Consultant
- International Consultant: to do the investment modeling, demand analysis and liaise with the Vaccine Manufacturing Consultant
- Vaccine Manufacturing Consultant: to determine the cost of a fill-and-finish vaccine plant including equipment; give a plant with various capacity scenarios and their costs.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.