Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate electrical/mechanical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of materials.
- Confirm system’s and components’ capabilities by testing properties.
- Develop processes by designing and modifying equipment for buildings and plants.
- Prepare product reports by collecting maintenance information and trends.
- Keep a current database of all mechanical equipment and plant.
- Develop, design, and supervise the standard technical specifications and engineering drawings for new construction projects.
- Supervise electrical/mechanical components in the construction of new physical infrastructure.
- Conduct safety training with regards to refrigeration and Air-conditioning installations and also ensure compliance with all established rules and methods associated with electrical/mechanical and plumbing works.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, performing preventive and corrective maintenance, calling, and setting up work orders for repair work.
- Provide technical and financial direction for new installation or upgrades by studying blueprints and equipment specifications.
- Document all changes in the design of electrical/mechanical and plumbing installations at WAGMC
- Assist in project management to completion by guiding technicians and contractors.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related assignments as required by the Director of WAGMC.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- Master’s degree or post-graduate degree in the Built Environment will be desirable
- 10-years working experience as a Professional Engineer with Certification and Membership of the Ghana Institution of Engineers or its equivalent and in good standing
- Ability to design using appropriate Computer-Aided software
- Experience and be a proficient user of Excel
- Leadership skills and be a team player with a flexible and open attitude
- Creativity and originality in Project Management
- Knowledge about Procurement Processes
- Ability to support a team with good collaboration skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Good report-writing skills
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.