Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators, and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced Finance professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Program Lead, Agriculture, Primary Production, the Program Partner, Access to Finance primarily engages partners for successful program design and implementation. The job holder develops and implements agriculture finance strategies and instruments to enhance access to suitable financial services to farmers – particularly smallholders – as a way to increase agricultural productivity and income and unlock work opportunities at scale.
S/He works with Program Leads and Partners to provide technical expertise in the development of programs and interventions, helps partners build a shared understanding of key issues and opportunities related to growing Access to Finance in the country, and contributes to the Foundation’s learning agenda.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Improve access to finance through advising and assisting financial service providers to design and implement new financial services and products.
- Use innovative agricultural finance: adapt to agricultural growth patterns and cash flow cycles and use value chains.
- Provide support and contribute to the ongoing definition and development of Country Office strategies and expansion.
- Manage current and future programs as appropriate; including programs in the rural finance initiative and distill learnings for Foundation staff.
- Communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues and the wider development community.
- Identify and overcome barriers to team effectiveness by sharing knowledge and learnings while offering insights and possible solutions to issues and/or program challenges.
- Contribute insights to the Foundation’s thought leadership on youth employment in Africa.
- Build relationships with partner organizations, communities of practice, and global stakeholders.
- Serve as a local point of contact and collaborator across a range of interested parties including partner organizations, government officials, young people, and private sector leaders on issues of common concern to leverage positive impact toward common goals.
- Represent the Foundation and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Business, and Development Economics.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in agriculture financing, microfinance development, banking institutions, rural finance, and/or agro insurance in Ghana.
- Solid expertise and ability in designing and managing relevant and appropriate fintech solutions for framer groups and smallholder farmers
- Strong budgeting skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of commitments.
- Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Proactive, engaged, and a self-starter.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.