Jobs In Accra 2022
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviors – do the right thing, better together, and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization.
This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Accountability: Manage the delivery of business results
- Knowledge and understanding of the custody business and related products.
- Good understanding of the client structure and how they operate. (SLA/CSA/etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of SCB’s documented policies and procedures.
- To provide an efficient service to internal and external clients by controlling adherence to Custody Agreements/ Service Level Agreements between the client and SCB.
- To build effective working relationships with all internal and external business units to ensure a complete Group service to all clients.
- Professionalism to be maintained with both internal and external clients at all times whether communicating via email/telephone/face to face meeting.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Effective and efficient query management via GEMS
- Manage account maintenance procedures for client accounts and ensure the correctness of client account data on an ongoing basis.
- Query management and adherence to client services control measures through:
- Managing all outstanding queries within a 24-hour turnaround time.
- Security and cash account maintenance (opening, Amendment, Closure)
- Closure of accounts: verify accounts to ensure zero balances on scrip and cash before closure
- All client account maintenance documents to be uploaded into secure drive, daily.
- Sharing of product knowledge and best practices within the team. o Ensure quality and completeness when responding to client requests/queries
- Escalation point to the Client Service Manager on sensitive and/or priority matters.
- Personally, deliver a high-quality customer-driven service that provides customers with a positive view of SCB and improves customer confidence and loyalty.
- Provide monthly query trends to the Client Services Manager to identify and escalate recurring issues.
Accountability: Client Service
- Provide input to process engineers, process custodians, and process owners when requested on the design and implementation of new processes in Custody and Trustee.
- Maintain and regularly review the effectiveness of processes used in Client Service, identify ways they could be improved.
- Assist to facilitate a process of re-documenting the processes every six months – re-visit existing processes to the better client service experience.
- Assist to drive the implementation of all processes in the Custody and Trustee function and ensure the adherence of the established processes and procedures.
- Guide clients as to the processes to be followed in transacting and the correct channels to follow and contacts to use.
Accountability: Manage risk associated with the delivery of Client Service
- Assist to regularly review the risk associated with processes and procedures used in providing client services
- Assist to develop and implement procedures and activities to ensure that risks are effectively avoided, reduced, mitigated, and monitored.
- Assist to ensure that the Custody and Trustee comply in all respects with Standard Chartered Bank’s risk and compliance policies and procedures as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Be involved in new product offerings to ensure that they are operationally executable from a Helpdesk perspective
- Assist in investigating and providing solutions on audit findings to mitigate further risk and meet audit closure dates.
- Establish and maintain good collaborative professional relationships with internal stakeholders and segments
- Establish and maintain good collaborative professional relationships with internal business partners like Group Shared Services, Change, IT, and legal.
- Establish and maintain good collaborative professional relationships with major clients to remain abreast of their business needs and issues.
- Manage and ensure that the vendor service level agreements with vendors are adhered to.
Accountability: Review client service performance
- Give input on escalated queries/complaints to ensure they are resolved satisfactorily.
- Manage the working relationship with internal departments (e.g. Administration, Financial Control, and IT) by engaging and consulting on service gaps and put the plan in place for implementation to improve call center service delivery
- Manage the implementation of customer/client service delivery initiatives in line with the client strategy (e.g. new systems etc)
- Provide regular feedback regarding call center activities
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct, and compliance matters.
- Client Solutions, Sales, Products
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience Required
- First-degree University
- Custody & Trustee experience
- Due diligence visits preps
- Clients and interdepartmental SLA’s
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding the logic and principles of general banking and accounting principles.
- People Management
- Conflict management
- Knowledge of customer service practices
- Knowledge of a Bank’s products
- Deciding and initiating action
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Presenting and communicating information.
- Relating and Networking
Before you look at how to apply for the job, take a look at the recommended career resources and guides we have for you below. It is always good to prepare yourself for your dream job. Carefully read the articles and proceed to apply.
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.