Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
A reputable engineering and construction firm based in Accra invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Ghanaians for the position of Structural Engineer.
This job role is responsible for designing and supervision buildings/ structures to ensure they are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they will be exposed, as well as improving the structural integrity of existing buildings.
- Design structural components for large-scale projects, including analyzing survey reports, topographical maps, and zoning restrictions.
- Review blueprints, and plans to verify the structural integrity of materials and designs, and perform complex calculations and use modeling methods to ensure correct results
- Participate in initial planning processes, including reviewing environmental factors, government regulations, constructions costs, and risk analysis reports to prepare a comprehensive study on all relevant design factors.
- Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations, and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects.
- Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects and develop reports that include technical details for engineers as well as big-picture analysis and cost estimates for project managers and senior executives.
- Use AutoCAD and other drafting software programs to create 2D design documents and 3D models for individual components and overall structural plans and project requirements for deliverables.
- Work closely with the building department within the company to ensure the hardware is available for projects and working properly.
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and develop steps for their proper execution.
- Provide detailed designs and specifications for preparation of BOQ, permit acquisition, and construction.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum degree qualification in civil or structural engineering.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and other relevant structural design software.
- A Professional Engineer license will be an advantage.
- Expert experience in project management.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and best practices.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
How To Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should submit their (i) cover letters (ii) resumes, and (iii) copies of certificates to:
on or before 10th October 2021.
Applicants should indicate the position being applied for in the email Subject line.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.