Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
iDE is an international not-for-profit NGO with a unique business approach to poverty eradication. For 36 years around the world—and 10 years in Ghana — iDE has pioneered innovative market-based approaches to improve access to safe water and sanitation and increase agricultural incomes.
iDE Ghana designs to context sustainable social enterprises in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Agriculture. Our unique and collective passion to create new market opportunities is unlocking the potential of local entrepreneurs all over the country. Through innovating affordable products and services for our customers we are making a profound social impact in the communities that we live, love, and serve. We currently employ or contract more than 200 people across 41 districts in Ghana.
- Team: Sales
- Reports to: Sama Sama Managing Director
- Start date: October 2021
- Contract type: Full Time (Fixed Term)
- Base monthly salary range: GHC4000 to 8000
- Contract end date: March 2023 (subject to renewal)
- Area of operation: Tamale with working visits to the organization’s operational regions.
Reporting line relationships:
- Reports directly to the Sama Sama Managing Director.
- Member of the Sama Sama senior leadership team and work closely with the Head of Operations, Marketing Manager, and Head of Credit & Finance.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
General Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Sama Sama Managing Director, the Head of Sales (HOS) is a core member of the Sama Sama Leadership Team and the Senior Management Team (SMT). The HOS is responsible for establishing the plans and directs all aspects of the business sales strategy, methodology, policies, objectives, and initiatives. The HOS designs, monitors plans, and updates forecasts work closely with the strategy team collaborating on marketing and institutional partner relationship development.
The HOS is also responsible for collateral material development and market penetration initiatives. The titleholder must establish short- and long-term sales goals and quotas in line with Sama Sama's core mission of reaching 15,000 toilets by March 2023. Identifying target consumers and territories, introducing new products to the market as well as develop and drive competitive strategies that will enable achievement of maximum sales volume.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (modifications may be made at any time)
- Establishes and governs the sales business performance management system:
- Setup guiding sales organizational principles for managing performance, establishing and prioritizing critical KPI performance measures for all sales jobs;
- Oversees the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all sales channels, markets, and personnel;
- Ensures that all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Designs the sales leadership and organizational framework:
- Defines clear roles and responsibilities in job descriptions.
- Daily management of Regional & District Sales Managers, Sales Executives, and Prospectors.
- Guides the new Sales Manager hiring process, including the “must-haves” and “nice to haves” in candidates.
- Creates a compensation scheme that rewards sales performance across all relevant roles.
- Set up measurement and appraisal for sales performance.
- Assists management in laying out business sales goals and the personnel requirements required to meet them.
- Designs, tests, and iterates the market penetration strategy:
- Devises sales methodology and sales management routines that provide a scalable and repeatable model to deliver on goals.
- Leads efficient territory assignment and channel development.
- Achieves assigned objectives for sales, profits, volume, product mix, and other strategic goals Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Sales Targets.
- Improves closing rates and designs sales initiatives to drive efficiency through sales teams.
- Designs a “problem-led” instead of a “product-led” sales approach:
- Develops a comprehensive strategy for above and below the line sales and marketing activities to deliver your sales ambitions.
- Develops a sight-seller and other sales collateral to equip your prospectors and sales agents with the right sales conversation to have with prospects, along with marketing collateral that is aligned with the approach. This includes a short-term tool that can be developed and implemented immediately.
- Develops in collaboration with the expansion team, sales team training, and management training that will deliver the necessary changes and serve as the basis for training of existing and future personnel.
- Develops a strategy to introduce new product offerings into the market seamlessly without affecting current sales performance.
- Day to Day sales leadership:
- Provides leadership to the sales organization’s management team, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Accountable for the sales organization support budget. Proactively assesses existing sales organization support investments,
- Splits time and thought between the field and executive team.
- Works in the field with the sales team to resolve challenges and identify opportunities for improvement.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum - degree in Marketing, Management, or Sales Management from a recognized university.
- At least 8 years of work experience in sales management and business development.
- Experienced with designing and implementing incentive systems.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-driven and proactive.
- Ability to easily build rapport with colleagues and all levels of management.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining required performance standards.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- A strategic thinker and analytical.
- Must demonstrate exemplary work ethics.
- Experienced with modeling sales projections and conducting sales analyses.
- Available for regular travel within Ghana.
- Knowledge of sanitation and/or small business management is an asset.
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Salesforce.
- The ability to speak the local languages in northern Ghana will be a plus.
- Holds a valid driving license and capability to ride a motorbike.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, CVs with 2 current referees, relevant educational and NSS certificates to
on or before 30th September 2021.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.