Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
iDE is an international not-for-profit NGO with a unique business approach to poverty eradication. For 36 years around the world—and 10 years in Ghana — iDE has pioneered innovative market-based approaches to improve access to safe water and sanitation and increase agricultural incomes.
iDE Ghana designs to context sustainable social enterprises in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene, and Agriculture. Our unique and collective passion to create new market opportunities is unlocking the potential of local entrepreneurs all over the country. Through innovating affordable products and services for our customers we are making a profound social impact in the communities that we live, love, and serve. We currently employ or contract more than 200 people across 41 districts in Ghana.
A social enterprise in the WASH sector is recruiting a Marketing Manager to be based in Tamale.
- Team: Sales
- Reports to: Sama Sama Managing Director
- Start date: October 2021
- Contract type: Full Time (Fixed Term)
- Contract end date: March 2023 (subject to renewal)
- Area of operations: Across all business operational areas
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Reporting line relationships:
- Reports directly to the Sama Sama Managing Director.
- Works closely with the Sama Sama sales team and Sama Sama unit heads.
General Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Sama Sama Managing Director, the Marketing Manager (MM) is part of the Sama Sama Senior Management Team and plays a key role in managing the marketing activities for various products within Sama Sama. Major responsibilities include identifying potential customers, developing marketing plans that align with business strategy, and developing and testing marketing campaigns.
The innovative Marketing Manager (MM) will promote marketing activities for various products and services within Sama Sama. In this role, the MM will develop a new marketing strategy, review and optimize existing strategy to current demand or trend, manage the marketing department's budget and staff, as well as preparing forecasts.
To ensure success, the MM should possess extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, the ability to identify new business leads, and outstanding expertise that translates into increased brand visibility, acceptance, and profitability.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (modifications may be made at any time):
- Evaluating and optimizing marketing and pricing strategies.
- Analyzing market trends and preparing forecasts.
- Generating new business leads.
- Develop an extensive strategy to promote the brand through e-commerce
- Increasing brand visibility and market share across all business operational areas.
- Coordinating marketing strategies with the sales, credit, customer service, and service delivery teams.
- Develop an internal adoption mechanism that promotes intrinsic brand adoption by all staff and thereby becoming brand ambassadors.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget and track the achievements against the budget.
- Overseeing branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns.
- Preparing and presenting quarterly and annual reports to Sama Sama MD.
- Identify appropriate forum for promoting our brand e.g. at trade/sector events and major industry-related events.
- Keeping informed of marketing strategies and trends.
- Conduct gender-sensitive market research to understand market trends, requirements and gather feedback.
- Contribute to develop, evaluate, and implement gender-sensitive marketing plans and strategies.
- Conduct gender-sensitive marketing events and promotions (e.g. community roadshows etc.) and implement systems to ensure the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Collaborate with external and internal partners in executing marketing plans and campaigns.
- Advise, document, and provide marketing information to the sales team and senior management.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Marketing and Sales from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years of work experience in Marketing and Sales in a similar role.
- A master's degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in electronic marketing automation software such as HubSpot Marketing and Bitrix24.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, channels, and branding.
- Superb leadership skills, presentation/facilitation skills, communication (both oral and written), and collaboration abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly.
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively.
- Self-driven, goal-getter, and proactive.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good planning skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- The ability to analyze data and analytics skills will be an advantage.
- The ability to speak any of these languages is an added advantage: Twi, Hausa, Dagbane, Daagare, or any other Northern language.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Previous experience in Market Research is a plus.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications, CVs with 2 current referees, relevant educational and NSS certificates to
on or before 20th September 2021.
In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.