Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana FELTP serves as the hub for training Advanced level field epidemiologists in Anglophone West African Countries (except Nigeria) with its residents and alumni involved in preparedness and response phases of the COVID-19 pandemic in the various countries (Ghana, Guinea Bissau, The Gambia, Liberia, and Sierra Leone). Using the one health approach, the GFELTP program also trains regional and district level staff of the Ghana Health Service, Veterinary Services Division, Food, and Drugs Authority, and the Environmental Health Services Division at the FETP-Intermediate and FETP-Frontline levels respectively.
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, residents, alumni, and faculty of the GFELTP were mobilized and embedded in the national response structures to support the development of SOPs and tools, training, POE screening of travelers, contact tracing, case management, field supervision, community sensitization, resource mobilization, enhanced surveillance activities, and laboratory testing as well as facility management. e
GFELTP is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced personnel to support COVID-19 surveillance activities of the Program under the position of field epidemiologists.
Work with FETP Resident Advisor (RA) to:
- Perform public health investigations and evaluations
- Perform field investigations including outbreak investigations
- Analyze disease outbreaks
- Review monitoring data (in-process, end-process, LQAS) and propose corrective actions
- Enhance sensitivity and quality of surveillance to detect events.
- Contribute to the constituent implementation of monitoring tools
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide support to ensure rapid case investigations
- Create and plan action for potential health crisis
- Communicate and Give presentations on potential threats to health crises
- Master of Public Health (with a concentration in epidemiology), MSc. Epidemiology/Biostatistics and/ or any other relevant qualifications from an Advanced Field Epidemiology Training Program in Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Medicine, Nursing, Public/environmental Health, laboratory Science, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine.
Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years of experience working in the field as a practicing field epidemiologist
- Sound knowledge of WHO standards and policies such as the IDSR and IHR.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functionality of surveillance systems at national, sub-national, local, and community levels of the health systems in Africa.
- Experience in preparing and facilitating training for in-service public health workforce development initiatives in Africa preferably within an existing FETP.
- Strong scientific writing, publication, and presentations skills including presentations at a national and international scientific conference.
- Experience verifying, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Proficiency in the use of the following software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Additional IT knowledge would be an asset.
- Statistical Packages: Epi Info, Stata or SPSS or SAS
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and teams at national and sub-national levels.
- Good team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, collaborative, and good listening skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to accept different opinions and feedback
- Ability to complete tasks promptly
- Patience and sense of humor
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time within the country, sometimes through rough terrain and weather conditions
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.