Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana FELTP serves as the hub for training Advanced level field epidemiologists in Anglophone West African Countries (except Nigeria) with its residents and alumni involved in preparedness and response phases of the COVID-19 pandemic in the various countries (Ghana, Guinea Bissau, The Gambia, Liberia, and Sierra Leone). Using the one health approach, the GFELTP program also trains regional and district level staff of the Ghana Health Service, Veterinary Services Division, Food, and Drugs Authority, and the Environmental Health Services Division at the FETP-Intermediate and FETP-Frontline levels respectively.
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, residents, alumni, and faculty of the GFELTP were mobilized and embedded in the national response structures to support the development of SOPs and tools, training, POE screening of travelers, contact tracing, case management, field supervision, community sensitization, resource mobilization, enhanced surveillance activities, and laboratory testing as well as facility management.
GFELTP is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced personnel to support COVID-19 surveillance activities of the Program under the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Collaborate with thematic areas and Project Performance Sites in the collection, collation, and analysis of data
- Compilation and submission of monthly reports to the Lead PI and Project Manager on progress made towards meeting project indicator targets
- Oversee implementation of M&E activities ensure that data is of the highest quality
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the Project Investigators
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adhere to CDC and Global fund performance framework evaluation system
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the Co-PIs and M&E Lead.
- Public Health Monitoring & Evaluation, MSc. Epidemiology/ Biostatistics and/ or any other relevant qualifications from an Advanced Field Epidemiology Training Program in Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Business Administration, Economics or related field.
Experience and Skills
- At least 3 years relevant working experience at national level or regional level in monitoring and evaluation of health-related programs
- Excellent in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and teams at national and sub-national levels.
- Good team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, collaborative, and good listening skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to accept different opinions and feedback
- Ability to complete tasks promptly
- Patience and sense of humor
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time within the country, sometimes through rough terrain and weather conditions
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Competitive based on qualification and experience
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.