Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana FELTP serves as the hub for training Advanced level field epidemiologists in Anglophone West African Countries (except Nigeria) with its residents and alumni involved in preparedness and response phases of the COVID-19 pandemic in the various countries (Ghana, Guinea Bissau, The Gambia, Liberia, and Sierra Leone). Using the one health approach, the GFELTP program also trains regional and district level staff of the Ghana Health Service, Veterinary Services Division, Food, and Drugs Authority, and the Environmental Health Services Division at the FETP-Intermediate and FETP-Frontline levels respectively.
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, residents, alumni, and faculty of the GFELTP were mobilized and embedded in the national response structures to support the development of SOPs and tools, training, POE screening of travelers, contact tracing, case management, field supervision, community sensitization, resource mobilization, enhanced surveillance activities, and laboratory testing as well as facility management.
GFELTP is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced personnel to support COVID-19 surveillance activities of the Program under the position of Administrative Assistant.
- Prepare program work plans & budgets
- Prepare written correspondences related to the project/work package to partners, staff
- Provide administrative support for the timely implementation of project/work package activities
- Schedule project meetings and take minutes as appropriate.
- Maintain and update relevant contact lists
- Manage logistics/contracts for fieldwork and training sessions including accommodations and vehicle rentals
- Manage payment of per diem and office petty cash
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Prepare photocopies and other documentation for training sessions
- Work with the implementing partner organization to ensure:
- Timely monthly and quarterly expenditure forecasts
- Appropriate expenditure documentation and information is transmitted on a timely basis
- Proper, accurate, and accountable documentation for all financial and administrative transactions of the program office
- Manage project assets, office stores, and inventory
- Maintain a service schedule and ensure that office supplies and equipment are in good condition
- Manage national and international travel for staff and consultants on the program
- Establish and maintain a manual and electronic filing/record keeping system for easy storage and retrieval of documents, reports, and correspondence related to the project
- Perform any other tasks as directed by the investigators
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of a Degree in Business Administration or relevant qualifications.
- Possession of Postgraduate qualifications in Project Planning and management is a preferred advantage.
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate should have not less than 3 years of experience in project management, project administration, or coordination, and proof of such in similar project work are important.
- Previous experience and service in FETP activities are added advantages.
- A mature and committed person with excellent interpersonal skills, a fast learner, and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Computer knowledge.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and teams at national and sub-national levels.
- Must be prepared to work independently, and for long hours under minimal supervision
- Good team player
- Meticulous, proactive, and respectful
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, collaborative, and good listening skills
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to accept different opinions and feedback
- Ability to complete tasks promptly
- Patience and sense of humor
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time within the country, sometimes through rough terrain and weather conditions
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.