Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana FELTP serves as the hub for training Advanced level field epidemiologists in Anglophone West African Countries (except Nigeria) with its residents and alumni involved in preparedness and response phases of the COVID-19 pandemic in the various countries (Ghana, Guinea Bissau, The Gambia, Liberia, and Sierra Leone). Using the one health approach, the GFELTP program also trains regional and district level staff of the Ghana Health Service, Veterinary Services Division, Food, and Drugs Authority, and the Environmental Health Services Division at the FETP-Intermediate and FETP-Frontline levels respectively.
As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves, residents, alumni, and faculty of the GFELTP were mobilized and embedded in the national response structures to support the development of SOPs and tools, training, POE screening of travelers, contact tracing, case management, field supervision, community sensitization, resource mobilization, enhanced surveillance activities, and laboratory testing as well as facility management.
GFELTP is seeking to recruit highly qualified & experienced personnel to support COVID-19 surveillance activities of the Program under the position of Laboratory Assistant.
- Mainly support ILI and COVID-19 Surveillance
- Prepare laboratory equipment for upcoming research experiments
- Clean and maintain lab equipment
- Prepare samples for testing using various laboratory equipment
- Running test
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Conduct laboratory tests, analyze results, and document your findings
- Maintain all laboratory records
- Report results and compile the information into graphs and documents
- Participate in all training sessions and general meetings
- Performing any other tasks as directed by the Co-Principal Investigators
- Medical Laboratory technologist or laboratory scientist with a master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Public Health or Epidemiology
- Bachelor’s degree in any science-related field. Human Medicine, Nursing, Public/environmental Health, laboratory Science, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine.
Experience and Skills
- Three years experience in implementing quality assurance and quality control activities
- Experience in implanting laboratory-based research activities
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing, and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and can work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask
- Computer skills including demonstrated hands-on-experience with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel for generating and analyzing reports
Competitive based on qualification and experience
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.