Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Background & Purpose of the Category Manager (Personal Care Skin Cleansing) at Unilever Ghana
- Develop Skin Cleanse category and brand strategies and deploy Integrated Brand Plans including Innovations & Non-Innovation led activities to build brand power and deliver sustainable business growth.
- Manage and grow the Beauty & Personal Care-Skin Cleansing category through category-driven activation, renovation of current core portfolio, and brilliant implementation of New Products Distribution (NPD) platforms.
- Achieve category share and profitable Net Proceeds of Sales (NPS)/profit growth targets through the translation of category & marketing plans into market implementation and customer plans (with potential for tailor-made activities).
- Champion the consumer needs and category passion within the overall business.
- Champion competitive behavior and mindset throughout the business and translate it into targeted marketing activities to grow category share.
- Deliver market and customer-knowledge-driven input into innovation platform projects and brand planning to ensure the requirements of brands will be met in the future.
- Lead market implementation of those platforms and develop a world-class activation mix.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Development of a share-growth-oriented marketing & category plan that seizes opportunities in product renovation, pricing strategy, competitor activities, customer/channel (e.g. convenience format, discounter) specific needs, etc.
- Develop & lead the implementation of activation platforms and ideas based on the category vision plan working with communication teams and agencies for Public Relations (PR) and Below The Line (BTL) for the category.
- Lead the S&OP process for the skin Cleanse Category
- Translate marketing & category plan into a business framework and optimize commercial opportunities (identify threats). Feed into monthly, quarterly, and annual planning processes.
- Develop and implement 12-18 month portfolio roadmap including product range & quality, brand build, value delivery for consumers, pricing & affordability, range extension.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proactively feed market, category, and customer requirements into platform innovation projects.
- Champion optimal launch of innovations in the skin Cleanse Category
- Work with the communication team to ensure a single message is created in line with the category-building communication plan, consistent with category needs.
- Monitor and review effectiveness of innovation and renovation program to inform plans.
- Ensure continued focus on and support of innovation platforms once launched. Managing all day-to-day activities associated with all marketing efforts, including, project management, creative development, campaign tracking, and reporting as necessary.
- Work closely with cross-functional team to land flawlessly all marketing-related activities and project innovations.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Minimum of four (4) to (6) six years relevant experience as category management in a Fast-Moving-Consumer Goods (FMCG) environment and/or marketing exposure is essential.
- Business Management and Category development experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience and ability to work with cross-functional teams and partners with multiple stakeholders (across WLs)
Key Competencies (SOL’s)
- Purpose & Service
- Personal Mastery
- Business Acumen
- Talent Catalyst
- Consumer Love
- Passion for High Performance
- Marketing Managers
- Channel & Category Development Managers
- CD Director
- Brand Managers and Assistants
- Key Account Managers
- CCM & CMI
- Supply Chain
- MIS Manager
- R & D
- Regulatory Affairs
- Brand Agencies
- Activation Agencies
- Media Agencies
- Pack Design
- Marketing Research Agencies
- Public Relation Consultancy as required Regulatory body (GSA & FDA)
- Creative Agencies
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever, we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.