Accounting Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region : Project Accountant, SHOW Project - Plan International GhanaAccounting Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crisis and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We employ more than 9,000 people in program countries, working with over 85,000 communities. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for almost 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Ghana is looking for a highly qualified, proactive, motivated, and resourceful person to fill the position of Project Accountant – SHOW Project.
The duration of the project is eight (8) months.
- Functional Area: SHOW PROJECT
- Reports to Project Manager, Dotted reporting line to the Head of Finance and Operation
- Location: Tamale
- Travel required: 30%
- Effective Date: 01-11-2021 Grade D1
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia, and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many excluded/marginalized children as possible. Plan partners with key stakeholders and delivers high-quality programs that address the barriers to children realizing their full potential.
This position is to support the successful implementation of the SHOW project in ensuring that all project operations are conducted as per the prescriptions of the Operations Manual (OM) and other approved policies and also following the donor’s procedures and policies.
Dimensions of the Role
Controls and monitor the Project budget of GHS 3,585,144.
- Prepares financial and other reports to aid the preparation of the overall project financial reports for dissemination and decision making. To do this, the position holder:-
- Ensures that project transactions are reviewed and correctly entered into SAP on a timely basis;
- Provides quarterly, year-end, and other grants financial reports and analyses as per required instructions for management decision making;
- Ensures proper filing (electronic and hard copy) of grants financial reports;
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial schedules of the project;
- Consolidates and submits monthly community and partner visits reports received from Project Staff;
- Reviews project sub-ledger for all advances and prepaid expenses and follow up on outstanding advances;
- Monitors and reviews advance liquidation.
Budget preparation and Budgetary Control Support for the effective implementation of the SHOW project financial plans. To do this, the position holder will:-
- Be In charge of the preparation of the project budget and subsequent modifications
- Monitor project budget and modify when necessary;
- Consolidate monthly project budget and Financial Report;
- Maintain a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. Expenditure and advise management on variances and corrective actions required to be taken;
- Respond to grants financial queries in liaison with the Head of Finance and Operations, Business Development Manager, and the Project Manager;
- Train/coach partner finance staff in the delivery of job requirements to support grants compliance and financial reporting;
- Ensure Partner liquidations and financial reports are properly reviewed before further funds are advanced;
- Create standard report template for Plan’s partners to ensure consistency in reporting;
- Ensure compliance with best practices and donor-specific requirements by Partners/Sub-grantees.
Coordinates Cash Forecasting for the SHOW project to ensure the availability of funds for project operations. To do this, the role will:
- Promptly transfer funds to Project bank accounts and ensure effective cash flow management;
- Ensure project bank accounts and cash balances never go negative by following up promptly.
Operates the Plan International operation software to meet Plan’s/Donor spending and financial reporting requirements. To do this, the role will:
- Submit monthly cash forecast to the Country Accountant;
- Ensure that all approved Project budget account lines - donor account lines together with subsequent modifications are accurate in SAP;
- Undertake checks to ensure that all transactions are accurately entered into the SAP;
- Ensure the SAP monthly reports are printed and signed off;
- Analyze project balance especially expense accounts after system closure and effect the necessary corrections with the support of the Project Manager.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Implement Internal Financial Controls & Payment processes for the attainment of value for money at all times. To do this, the role will:
- Prepare the weekly payment list based on the Cash forecast requirement approved
- Project payments are made as per approved policies and procedures.
- Review all the vouchers for completeness and documentation and arithmetic accuracy.
- Ensure cheques are not issued if they do not form part of the weekly payment list, exceptions should be approved by the Head of Finance and Operations
- Prepare project financial audit action list after each audit and ensure compliance.
- Monitor and submit quarterly reports on project financial risk.
- Visits districts at least once a quarter to provide needed technical support to the SHOW project team.
- Keeps Head of Finance and Operations informed of any initiative or difficulties relating to the job’s responsibilities.
- Fulfills Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to protect children from all forms of abuse
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the achievement of organizational goals.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded following the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed following the appropriate procedures.
- Medium contact with Plan partner organizations to ensure Plan receives value for money and the financial requirements are adhered to.
- Has high contact with all country office and program unit finance staff to support smooth implementation of the finance and accounting functions
- Maintains medium contact with other staff from the program unit office to offer support for compliance with finance and accounting procedures
Required Skills or Experience
- University degree in Accounting plus ICA Ghana Part 2 or ACCA Foundation Level (Part 1 and Part 2), or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Fair knowledge of project management.
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate participative processes.
- Independence, objectivity, and integrity.
- Organized, methodic, and meticulous.
- Develops, motivates, and coaches direct reports.
- Promotes innovation and learning.
- Gains develops and retains credibility about his/her performance.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Good management skills
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Good negotiating, facilitating, and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially excel and pivot tables.
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Good accounting, analytical, and judgment skills
- Good supervisory and coordination skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
This position entails 40% travel within the program unit.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Level of Contact with Children:
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
- Low contact- the job responsibilities of this position does not require the post holder to have any one-to-one contact with children daily. There would be occasional contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.