Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state-of-the-art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre, and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities, and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Assistant Front Office Manager
The role of the Assistant Front Office Manager is to assist the Front Office Manager in leading and managing all sections of the Front Office Department to ensure the highest standards of service following the policies, procedures, and Kempinski Standards.
- Direct front office operation such as checking in, checking out, and providing guest assistance whilst ensuring compliance with all front office policies, procedures, standards, and focus on guest’s satisfaction and needs.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and review of the policies, procedures, practices, and standards.
- Select, train, develop, schedule, and manage the performance of direct subordinates to ensure the efficient running of front office operations.
- Maximize hotel revenue by controlling room inventory, group blocking, packages, up-selling.
- Maintain high visibility during the peak periods to ensure the smooth running of operations, promote good public relations, take corrective actions and handle customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Greet VIP guests upon their arrival and escort them to their room. Establish good rapport and offer assistance for the duration of their stay.
- Coordinate front-office duties with various departments such as Executive Office, Housekeeping, Sales and Marketing, Engineering, and Security to ensure that all guests are given friendly and caring service from their arrival until their departure according to Kempinski Standards in a safe and secure environment.
- Identify training needs, plans training activities, and oversee their implementation for all front office sections. Follows up to ensure compliance and efficiency of training activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and manning guide and manage within budgetary guidelines.
- Keep abreast of all emergency procedures, hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, upcoming events, and brief direct subordinates accordingly so that all front office staff can answer guest requests and questions.
- Accomplished a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos, and other specific duties related to the job function.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in any related field such as Administration or Tourism Management, Hospitality Management
- 3 years experience in a Front Office Management position preferably in an international
- five-star hotel
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- Good Communication skills
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of Opera
- Basic knowledge of Micros
- Passionate for European luxury
- Team oriented
- Planning/ Organization
- Problem-solving & Decision making
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Concern for quality
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Customer service orientation
- Listening and Communication Skills
- Friendly and caring
- Analytical thinking
- Stress Management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.