Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Maintenance Manager – Fleet.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Maintenance Manager – Fleet is accountable for managing the Fleet Maintenance section through the application of operational engineering policies, standards, systems, and procedures to maximize plant availability in a sustainable, cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Deliver the Safety Management plan elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control.
- Provide technical input to management to develop the safety management plan, consistent with AGA’s standards.
- Review the application of safety standards and work practices for the area.
- Apply HSE regulations with zero tolerance to breaches.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Demonstrate safety behavior consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
- Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
- As a minimum, achieve zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches, and no events requiring public disclosure.
- Utilize, ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools to investigate system interruptions so that exposure to environmental risks is reduced.
- Ensure the organization structure is capable of delivering the maintenance strategy.
- Communicate policies and procedures in a manner to achieve full understanding and compliance by the workforce.
- Guide direct reports in leadership techniques to achieve maximum performance.
- Verify that supervisors and superintendents develop a skills matrix that includes all disciplines and individual achievements.
- Identify skill deficiencies and initiate corrective action.
- Develop an appropriate succession plan for critical positions with the right supportive development plan.
- Using AGA’s How we Work guidelines, clearly define the roles and accountabilities of direct reports.
- Provide input to Operational Readiness for the Fleet maintenance throughout the operation.
- Implement the approved organizational structure required to deliver the targets and operational requirements.
- Engage and develop appropriately skilled, capable, and experienced personnel in the area of accountability.
- Support the development and implementation of systems for the Engineering and Mining departments to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance, and promote continuous improvement.
- Ensure the work carried out by the maintenance team is of a standard that supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost.
- Identify sub-standard work practices and take action to eliminate them and identify the root cause of these poor work practices.
- Assign tasks to direct reports in line with achieving the agreed production plan.
Lead a team of engineers to specify, design, analyze and verify new components and systems.
- Implement corporate programs such as asset management strategies, System for People, Operational Effectiveness, etc. across areas of control.
- Deploy management routines to identify defects in the workplace.
- Monitor the supply, availability, and condition of parts, inventory, general and specific consumables, and rotatable equipment required to provide assured sustainable operation of the mining operation.
- Prepare the departmental budget that supports the company’s objectives and strategy.
- Ensure cost impacts in the area of accountability are evaluated, approved, and the budget is revised.
- Identify, communicate and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage the department in line with the operational budget.
- Identify all current and potential risks promptly to the Refurbishment, Construction and Maintenance activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks
- Develop an asset management strategy in the area of accountability based on the Obuasi Operation’s expected life of mine (LOM).
- Utilize the SAP asset maintenance management system in maintenance activities.
- Ensure all direct reports are competent in the utilization of the SAP asset maintenance management system to support a smooth transition into operations.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the procurement team to establish the inventory and spare parts for the Underground Mine Mobile Equipment.
- Develop and maintain the Fleet Management Plan as a key Project Execution Plan sub-plan in the area of accountability.
- Provide input and support into establishing and maintaining Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), budget, schedule, and construction work packs for refurbishment activities.
- Oversee the Requests for Information (RFI) and Technical Query (TQ) process, review and approve appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports, produce accurate and timely information that can clearly convey the status of safety, cost, schedule, and quality for the refurbishment work.
- Inspect all works to ensure works are delivered following applicable designs, specifications, and expectations.
- Oversee and witness inspections and testing regimes to ensure quality and or performance is in line with obligations and expectations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
Financial, commercial, and project management through work experience and courses
CONTINUE READING BELOW
An experienced mechanical / maintenance engineer with 10+ years of experience in an underground environment.
- HME/LME experience
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and Mobile equipment.
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
Must possess Engineering Managers Certificate of Competency from Mineral Commission of Ghana
- Strong maintenance competencies in fixed plants and mobile equipment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail-oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute to project delivery and maintenance systems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of direct reports capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your direct reports,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem-solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work with different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.