Supply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Accra : Value Chain Specialists - Tree Crops Development AuthoritySupply Chain/Logistics/Warehousing Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), an Agency under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic, and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for the following position as Value Chain Specialists
(Mango, Rubber, Shea, Oil Palm, Coconut and Cashew)
LOCATION: Head Office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Operations
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Zonal Officers and Value Chain Officers
Serves as the technical coordinator for all TCDA activities and programs in the specified value chain
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate the registration of all value chain actors and formalize their operations following ACT 1010
- Provide technical support for the formation of CBOs, FBOs, and associations or producer groups in different enterprises along the value chain
- Coordinate the establishment of the national umbrella bodies for all the six(6) mandated commodities under the TCDA
- Conduct value chain assessments and determine appropriate interventions to enhance agricultural productivity and market access
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant projects and partners including private businesses and individuals, Development Partners, CBOs, and NGOs working on related actions to leverage project resources, avoid duplication of efforts and ensure complementarities.
- Provide up to date information on all activities along the specified commodity value chain
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Facilitate the transparent processes of representation of the specified value chain into the TCDA Board
- Provide technical guidance and capacity building training for the specific Value Chain actors
- Prepare detail annual work plans and progress reports on assigned value chain components.
- Coordinate the development of commodity grades and standards and implementation of the commodity protocols thereof
- Coordinate the production and distribution of certified planting materials
- Lead the development of concept notes and project proposals most especially on crop diversification, farmer livelihood supports value chain development and marketing initiatives.
- Conduct value chain assessment to identify gaps and develop recommendations on how to improve the selected value chains and maximize the impact.
- Manage assigned staff and perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agriculture administration, agribusiness development, or related field from an accredited academic institution
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience in the management of activities in the specific value chain
- Excellent communication skills, especially written communication and group facilitation skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and internet communication.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in at least two (2) local languages
- Membership in a related professional body is an advantage
How To Apply
To apply send your application letter and CV to
Deadline: 3rd September 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.