Purchasing/Procurement Jobs In Accra : Assistant Procurement Manager - Tree Crops Development AuthorityPurchasing/Procurement Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tree Crops Development Authority (TCDA), an Agency under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, is seeking to recruit suitably qualified, dynamic, and accomplished Ghanaian professionals for the following position as an Assistant Procurement Manager.
LOCATION; HEAD OFFICE
RESPONSIBLE TO: DEPUTY CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (F&A)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: PROCUREMENT OFFICERS
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
To provide supervision and coordination of all procurement activities for TCDA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the procurement policies of TCDA by ensuring the purchase of materials, equipment, spares, and other consumables and services at the optimum combination of quality, price, delivery, and services.
- Collate all requisitions-offshore purchases requisition/local purchase requisition from user departments and Zonal Offices
- Confer with Departments and Zonal Offices regarding requirements, specifications, quantities, and quality of goods and services and delivery requirements
- Establish letters of credit with Banks and complete the exchange control forms AI and AII for processing and fulfill the current auction formalities
- Organize and control the clearance and forwarding of imported goods to effect prompt and speedy delivery to the various users
- Prepare and submit a monthly report on the activities of the unit to management
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Interview suppliers and their representatives personally and maintain close contact by correspondence, telephone, and visits
- Implement measures to avoid irregular dealings in connection with procurement to adhere to purchasing code of ethics
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by CFO or management.
- supervise immediate subordinates to ensure that time, quality, and other set standards are adhered to
- interpret conditions of service to and handle problems of immediate subordinates and (where necessary) consult with appropriate departments
- Appraise the performance of immediate subordinates and review those for lower-level subordinates
- Identify the training needs of immediate subordinates and organize or recommend appropriate training for them
- Administer disciplinary measures to immediate subordinates following TCDA’s disciplinary code and procedure
Maintains contact with Customs, Excise and Preventive Service, Environmental Protection Agency, Inspection Agencies, Ministry of Trade, etc.
- Masters Degree in Procurement management or Purchasing and Supply or equivalent
- A minimum of five (5)years post qualification experience
- Three (3) years satisfactory service as a Procurement Officer
- Member of a Recognized Professional Body
- Extensive Knowledge of the procurement laws in Ghana
How To Apply
To apply send your application letter and CV to
Deadline: 3rd September 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.