Healthcare Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region : Health and Safety Superintendent - Newmont Mining CorporationHealthcare Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health, and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you seeking a role in an organization that provides oversight to Health and Safety programs and initiatives?
Join the team as Health and Safety Superintendent for the Ahafo North Project where you will monitor the local implementation of Health and Safety policies, programs, and initiatives and oversee the coordination, implementation, planning, and management of the Health and Safety program with other project management teams members.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In This Role You Will:
Health and Safety (H&S) Tactical Execution and Program Management
- Assist the Health and Safety Manager in the development of Health and Safety strategies, based on the business plan, legislation, and applicable standards.
- Engage peers and management to facilitate an agreement with the Health and Safety strategy.
- Assist in the determination of projects and programs required to achieve the Health and Safety strategy.
- Support with the implementation of Health and Safety strategies at all levels of operations to ensure compliance with legislation and related best practices.
- Develop and administer Newmont H&S programs to prevent accidents/incidents.
Health and Safety Operational Excellence
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a manner that minimizes risk and maintains a safe working environment for all project personnel including contractors.
- Manage the activities of the H&S Coordinators to ensure that an appropriate level of H&S service is in place, including inspections, safety meetings, and safety behavior programs.
- Provide advice to the Project and Contractor Management team in the identification, review, and control of the project construction risks.
- Provide advice to the Project Management team with regards to safety rules and regulations, trends, statistics, and legal compliance.
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and monitoring the implementation of H&S policies and underlying procedures.
- The document, review and revise H&S policies, procedures, and practices to enable optimum effectiveness.
- Compile, analyze and interpret accident statistical data and recommend processes and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Participate in the planning process of Health and Safety resources to cover all project construction areas.
Health and Safety Monitoring, Compliance and Continuous Improvement
- Plan and investigate events, injuries, illness, or occupational diseases, determine root causes and instigate corrective actions to prevent future recurrence.
- Perform surveys, audits, and gap assessments to recommend corrective actions to safeguard against unhealthy and unsafe working conditions throughout the project construction areas.
- Manage, review, report, and audit the findings from events, area inspections, and audits arising from the investigation process.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, procedures, and safe work practices detailed in the Project Health and Safety Management
- Demonstrate effective performance in achieving or exceeding agreed upon H&S targets, in support of the Health and Safety department and Project goals.
- Coordinate and inspect construction areas, facilities, machinery, and safety equipment routinely, to identify and correct potential hazards, and ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviors routinely and coach employees on the correct behaviors, when observed.
- Provide leadership to the Project Management Team and Contractors in the Fatality Risk Management program and the identification and replication of live-work solutions.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Health and Safety Stakeholder Management, Communication and Capacity Development
- Coordinate actively with all areas of the construction site to improve work conditions following Newmont standards.
- Create a strong partnership with the Project Management Team and Contractors to entrench and integrate the aspect of Health and Safety within all aspects of the Ahafo North Project.
- Oversee that Health and Safety staff are providing meaningful assistance to the Contractor Management Teams and Contractor workforce.
- Provide Project Management leadership with updates on safety audits, observations, near misses, and follow-up on all open action items.
- Supervise allocated staff members by:
- prioritizing and allocating tasks and/or responsibilities.
- overseeing and managing the quality of work outputs.
- providing on-the-job training, mentoring, and coaching.
- performing the first level of performance appraisal.
- recommending further and/or relevant training courses and development actions.
Your Training, Skills, and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ degree in a Science and/or Health, Safety discipline or relevant job experience.
- MINCOM Health and Safety certifications.
- Deep knowledge of relevant local Health and Safety legislative requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Safety Management systems.
- Sound knowledge and experience in risk management.
- Additional auditing qualification is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years experience working within a Health and Safety field in an extractive industry for a large-sized organization of which a minimum of 3 years should be in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
- Health and Safety experience in a construction environment is essential.
- Prior event investigation experience is essential.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
- Advanced coaching and facilitation skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Strong incident management skills.
- Strong business continuity management skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Attention to Detail.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The position is located at the Ahafo North mine.
- The incumbent may be required to travel at times in the absence of the Health and Safety Manager to attend meetings with the Chief Inspector of Mines in Accra.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.