Jobs In Obuasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Environment Officer – EMS.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role is accountable for the implementation of the Environmental Management System’s processes, plans, and procedures to maintain the environmental legal and social license to operate Obuasi Mine.
The Environmental Officer will be required to assist with EMS administration, incident reporting, corrective action follow-up, environmental inspections/audits, and advisory functions to all employees where relevant at Obuasi Mine.
The role is diverse in its application and the skills required are varied from a science perspective and will include water, chemicals, and waste management, air and soil quality, biodiversity and protection of species as well as rehabilitation and land management.
- Implement relevant environmental management programs as directed by senior management
- Maintain knowledge of local environmental issues as well as focusing on environmental monitoring and compliance
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to enable the business to meet its legislative and internal requirements
- Assist in planning for the required environmental inspections and audits
- Undertake inspections of mining, processing, and waste disposal activities across the mine to ensure compliance with legislation and AGA environmental management standards
- Conduct sampling of water, dust, soils, etc. as required
- Report of environmental monitoring results in a professional manner
- Assist with the management of environmental rehabilitation projects and contractor management as required by senior management
- Review and update ISO 14001 procedures and policies as and when necessary
- Assist with ISO 14001 system and process audits
- Implement the incident management procedures including emergency response, reporting, clean up, and rehabilitation
- Take part in environmental incident investigations
- Implement recommended incident mitigation and preventative action plans
- Implement and maintain environmental education awareness programs
- Provide environmental inductions and awareness training to employees, visitors, and contractors
- Conduct in-house environmental impact assessments
- Provide expertise and guidance regarding environmental permit requirements for contractors
- Manage the internal environmental permitting processes
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Tertiary qualification in the field of Environmental Management or a relevant Natural Science qualification
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the field of environmental management in a mining environment
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 requirements
- Experience with waste and water management practices or with rehabilitation and natural resource conservation
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Able to effectively analyze and interpret information, plan, coordinate, and prioritize tasks
- Sound technical knowledge of risk assessment and evaluation, environmental management tools, programs, and systems
- Effective interaction with mine employees, government and municipal officials, contractors, and others
- Use of Geographic Information System (GIS) software
- Advanced computer literacy is essential
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.