Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Prisons Service invites suitable and qualified IT and Radio Technicians who are interested in public safety through safe custody, reformation, and rehabilitation of prisoners to apply for the recruitment and enlistment
JUNIOR OFFICERS GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
An applicant must:
- Be a Ghanaian.
- Be of good character and without any criminal record.
- Be physically and medically fit by Prisons Service standards.
- Be between 21 and 30 years by 31st December 2021.
- Be between 21 and 35 years by 31st December 2021 (for artisans and professionals only)
- Minimum academic qualification of INCE with at least five/5 passes.
- Not have been dismissed from any public service or any other employment
- Be of a minimum height of 1.68m on (5'6'') for males and 1.57rn (5'2") for females
- Re able to write and speak English fluently
- Have an active e-mail account and/or mobile phone number
- Be ready to undergo basic Prisons training and other forms of training
- Not be bonded.
- Be registered with the appropriate professional body and hold a valid PIN (for the medical category)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In addition to the General Eligibility, all applicants in this category must possess specific qualifications as specified below.
1. RADIO TECHNICIANS
Applicants must possess at least any of the following
- NVTI 1& 11/City and Guilds Certificate in Electronics
- NVTI 1&/City and Guilds Certificate in Telecommunication
2. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
i. Network Administration
Applicants must possess at least an N+ Certificate from a recognized institution including knowledge in LINUX /Windows Server 2003, 2008, and above
ii. Database Administration
Applicants must possess at least a Certificate in MySQL, SQL, and Oracle from a recognized institution.
iii. Web Designing
Applicants must possess at least a Certificate in HTML, PHP, CSS, CMS, Adobe, and Photoshop from a recognized institution
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
All recruitment and enlistment applications must be done online only. The application process is as follows:
- Purchase an e-voucher at the cost of a hundred Ghana Cedis (GH100.00) only through the following medium:
- At any GCB Bank Limited branch across the country or using the shortcode (USSD) *422*471# on your mobile
- At any Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) branch across the country, the shortcode (USSD) *924*200# is on your mobile phone.
- Use your Serial Number (SN) and Pin Code [PIN] to access the application form online at the website address: https://www.applyghprisons.com
- All applicants must have a passport-size picture of dimensions 200x200 pixels of JPEG / JPG/ PNG with a size not exceeding 2.0M8 ready to be uploaded.
- Carefully read ALL INSTRUCTIONS before you apply.
- The online application form is accessible only by the SN and PIN.
- Keep your UNIQUE NUMBER on the summary report for all the stages of the recruitment and selection process.
All correspondence with applicants will be done through e-mail, text messages and the e-recruitment portal only.
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be invited for further stages of the recruitment and the enlistment exercise.
RECRUITMENT AND ENLISTMENT PROCESS
- Applicants who meet the initial requirements wit be short-listed and invited to centers they selected during the online application.
- Short-listed applicants wilt be limited for the following:
- Physical and Body screening
- Inspection and verification of all necessary documents
- Aptitude Test
- Artisans, sportsmen/women, and bandsmen who are successful in item 2 above will go through a competency-based assessment in Accra.
- Applicants who are short-listed after items 2 and 3 above w II undergo a medical examination at a medical facility selected by the Service.
- Results submitted during the application process shall be verified at WAEC and other appropriate examination bodies hence
- Applicants who present false documents would be arrested arid prosecuted.
- Applicants who are successful in item 4 above will go through a thorough criminal background check.
- Applicants who are cleared of criminal records will be invited to commence training.
- Sales of e-voucher commence on 25th August 2021 and end on 15th September 2021.
- Online registration starts on 25th August 2021 and ends on 20th September 2021.
- The Ghana Prisons Service wishes to inform the general public against dealing with middlemen. Do not pay money to anyone except for the purchase of an e-voucher at the designated banks.
For further information, please log onto the Ghana Prisons Service e-recruitment portal: Website: https://www.applyghprisons.com
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.