Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapreim) Limited (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a workforce of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic, and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Hydro-Geological Engineer
Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
Number of Position(s): One (1)
To support the geotechnical unit through elimination and reduction of hydrogeological risks to acceptable levels in mining activities. Again, to sufficiently utilize processes, people, and material resources to enable quality and timely delivery of expected outputs regarding dealing with hydrogeological risks.
- Maintain processes to provide a safe workplace e.g. leading toolbox meetings, conducting PTO, JSA, and Aim at Zero Reportable Incidents
- Ensure all aspects of the hydrogeological ground control plan are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with statutory obligations and corporate requirements
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ensure that OE Wiring Elements and Methods are fully implemented and adhered to
- Participate, contribute, and drive Pipeline ideas assigned to you from Diagnosis to Locked in
- Accountable for the assessing and recording of identified hydrogeological hazards and communicating the risks and recommended measures to manage the risks.
- Expected to keep an updated hydrogeological hazard plan for all active pits and reconcile the status of recorded hazards on weekly basis.
- Accountable for the implementation of hydrogeological management plans
- Accountable for the installation supervision, collection, and analysis of hydrogeological data, interpretation, and reporting the effect on slope stability and mining operations for all active pits and other areas in accordance with monitoring plans.
- Accountable for implementing groundwater monitoring and slope depressurization programs for critical slopes according to the planned requirements and within the budgeted resources
- Develop and maintain current hydrogeological Model for all active pits (phreatic surfaces, Large structures, rock mass) and liaise with Geology on any developments required for model updates
- Build and maintain a team of direct reports capable of doing the necessary work through the implementation of training and development plans.
- Maintain updated registers for all activities relating to this role
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Geological Engineering or its related field
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in hydrogeological activities
- Proficient in the use of the following applications GEM4D, Datamine, ArcGIS Survey123, and MS Office suite.
- Ability to demonstrate effective knowledge & understanding of operational HSE policies, procedures, and principles.
- Skills in automating routine work will be an advantage
- Demonstrate knowledge & application of ethical conduct
- Demonstrate knowledge of planning and scheduling
- Ability to apply safety and health policies and procedures in the workplace
- Ability to use appropriate methods to identify opportunities to improve/ maintain operational effectiveness within geotechnical operations
- Medical fitness for the position and the environment
- Possess valid driving license and proficiency in driving light vehicle
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
This Job Listing Has Expired
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.