Publishing/Printing Jobs In Ghana : Assistant Publications Officer - Ghana Academy of Arts and SciencesPublishing/Printing Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Assistant Publications Officer at Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences will assist the Publications Officer in the production of all GAAS publications, policy papers, and related documents, and in the development and maintenance of a digital/e-book publishing page/platform,
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintain the house formatting and design style guide
- Assist with the organization of manuscripts
- Create design concepts and layouts
- Design and produce a wide range of promotional items, such as leaflets, annual reports, brochures, postcards, banner stands, and adverts
- Contribute to the development of new publications working with the Publications Officer
- Develop and manage the Academy's digital-books platform
- Liaise with the Communications and Accounting teams to maximize a blended approach between print and digital publications
- Ensure that all materials available online for the public are awfully accessible and inappropriate formals
- Oversee the mailing of publications where necessary
- Establish cordial relationships with personnel in all departments
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Executive Secretary
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications and Skills Required
- At least HND from a recognized Public Institution or First Degree in Graphic Design, Publishing, Creative Arts or related fields
- Must have at least two years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of design principles, tools, and techniques
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination
- Artistic ability and Creativity are essential
- Knowledge of the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar
- Microsoft Office Suite software skills
- Should possess the necessary knowledge and skits for the use of graphic design software
programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, CorelDRAW, etc.
- A general interest in computers and an aptitude for learning new technology will be beneficial
- Ability to effectively present ideas - both verbally and visually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
How To Apply
All applications should be addressed and e-mailed to Honorary Secretary:
Deadline: September 17, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.