Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Accounting Assistant at the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences will support the Accounts Office to prepare accounts and tax returns, administering payrolls, controlling income and expenditure, and generally keep the financial books of the Academy.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Keep imprest for Petty Cash and Fuel
- Write the Fellows' ledger and keeps proper records of Fellows' Accounts
- Sell the Academy's publications
- Keep the Stores of the Academy Write Receipts and pay Cash/Cheques to Bank
- Write Lodgment and Disbursement Cash Books
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation for all Academy Accounts
- Prepare monthly returns
- Process warrants on GIFMIS
- Prepare Withholding Tax Schedules and ensure compliance with payment reporting and other tax-related issues
- Write payment vouchers and do cashiering duties
- Establish cordial relationships with personnel In all departments
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Executive Secretary
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must have at least two years experience as an Accounting Assistant
- Good attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Good organization and time-keeping skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Accounting software skills
- Microsoft Office Suite software skills
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision
- Ability to multitask
How To Apply
All applications should be addressed and e-mailed to Honorary Secretary:
Deadline: September 17, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.