Research/Analysis Jobs In Ghana : Research Officer (Policy Analysis, Research Support, and Capacity Budding)Research/Analysis Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Research Officer (Policy Analysis, Research Support, and Capacity Budding) is a key staff member within the GAAS Secretariat, responsible for research proposals development, policy analysis, capacity building, and providing research support to the Sections, Chapters, and Committees of the Academy. The Research Officer (Policy Analysis. Research Support and Capacity Building) reports to the Executive Secretary and works closely with Programme Officers in the various departments and units of the Academy.
The candidate for this position must have a professional understanding of the entire process of developing research proposals, research design, data collection and analysis, and writing policy-driven research reports. The candidate should be adept at employing both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Tracks and analyses relevant trends, data. legislation, and administrative actions to identify emerging research opportunities for GAAS Sections, Chapters, and Committees
- Works closely with GAAS Sections, Chapters, and Committees to identify and develop funding opportunities relevant to their research areas.
- Develops and submits research proposals to funding sources, Organizing the necessary resource persons and Principal investigators Collaborate with Principal Investigators on developing and managing research activities, including research design, data collection and analysis, project implementation and coordination, report writing, and presentations to key stakeholders
- Ensures that overall performance activities, related
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- documentation and reporting comply with funding requirements
- Monitors the need for contract amendments or modifications with funding sources
- Works closely with Principal Investigators to ensure that research budgets are spent according to funding contracts and GAAS regulations
- Tracks and communicates progress of funded research contracts to Executive Secretary and GAAS Council
- Reviews and submits, in a timely fashion, progress reports to funding sources
- Track and monitor emerging issues to enable the Academy to provide
evidence-bawl advice on critical or time-sensitive national issues.
- Conduct policy analysis to assist the Sections, Chapters, and Committees to evaluate and recommend policies to key stakeholders and relevant audiences
- Prepare or assist in the preparation and timely delivery of research papers, reports, policy briefs, and presentations for dissemination by the Academy
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant policymakers and influencers in government, universities, professional associations, and other organizations.
- Organize proposal development training for GAAS staff
- Provide training materials to support proposal development rapacity building within GAAS
- Establish exemplary relationships with personnel In all departments
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Executive Secretary
Qualifications and Skills Required
- A good first degree in the Sciences or the Humanities.
- Master's degree in Natural Sciences, Engineering, Public Policy, Political Science, Law. other Social Sciences with applied research and policy interests that fall within the remit of GAAS Chapters.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
- Must have strong research and project management skills
- Detail oriented, creative problem-solver, sound judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Suite software skills
- At least three-years of demonstrated work experience in applied research or policy analysis.
- Must provide a professional portfolio demonstrating creative and innovative applied research or policy analysis, selected for interview.
How To Apply
All applications should be addressed and e-mailed to Honorary Secretary:
Deadline: September 17, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.