Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences, Ghana's premier learned society seeks an experienced and highly motivated Communications Officer to develop and lead the implementation of the Academy's communication strategy.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for all the Academy's communications and will report directly to the Executive Secretary. He/ She will be responsible for developing and implementing the Academy's communication plan and for coordinating all the Academy's public events. The Communications Officer will also be responsible for publicizing the Academy's news and events on all social media platforms, and for drafting content for the website and social media sites.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop and implement the Academy's communication
plan and coordinate all the Academy's public events
- Publicize the Academy's news and events on social media platforms
- Draft content for the Academy's website and social media sites
- Build and manage various aspects of the Academy's social media activities
- Build and manage GAAS website and social media sites in consultation with relevant officers
- Develop newsworthy content out of GAAS events and publications
- Compile relevant material for composing the Academy's Annual Report
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage the Academy's visibility and project its research capabilities, accomplishments, and contributions to national discourse in both traditional and new media
- Establish exemplary relationships with personnel in all departments
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Executive Secretary
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Hold a Master's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related disciplines
- Understand the effective graphic design, branding principles, and the use of the internet and social media platforms as a means of communication
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to craft written and multimedia content related to the Academy's educational, policy, and advisory functions
- Be charismatic and dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle and prioritize tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite software skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software (specifically, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and Content Management Systems.
- Demonstrated experience and creativity in the design/development of marketing, public relations, or educational programs and communications materials
- Must provide professional portfolio including at least three best writing samples and digital communications products, if selected for an interview
How To Apply
All applications should be addressed and e-mailed to Honorary Secretary:
Deadline: September 17, 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.