Jobs In Brong Ahafo Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Do you have effective planning and project management skills?
- Are you interested in joining an inclusive and diverse work environment?
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Join the Newmont Operations Underground Team where you will support with planning directing and monitoring of consultants, contractors, and business teams in the safe execution of underground mine services and infrastructure works and ensuring that these performed in line with the site business plan.
In This Role You Will:
- Design adequate underground mine services corridor (power, water, air, dewatering, communications) in accordance to the SLS life of mine plan.
- Liaise with mine contractors to ensure implementation of the mine services corridor.
- Track planned versus actual and ensure all mine services are updated in the Deswik mine planning software.
- Monitor the quality control of all mine contractor installations of services.
- Inform production engineers on project works for weekly and 12- week min plans.
- Direct consultants, contractors and suppliers to achieve safe project deliverables.
- Process the prime mining contractor claims based on end of month reconciliation.
- Support troubleshooting of plan equipment and services.
- Interface with site project department for construction related activities at underground.
Budgeting and Financial Planning and Reporting
- Contribute towards the preparation of statutory reports and budget forecast.
- Support the development of financial expenditure documents for continued mine advancement.
- Provide data for the development of comprehensive reports for senior management, joint venture partners and regulatory agencies.
Safety and Environment
- Actively participate and contribute to Newmont’s safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
- Identifiy potential hazards and recommend actions to be appropriately taken.
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
- Raise discussions and resolutions of safety issues at regular meetings.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Mining Engineering.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in underground mining operational time such as blasting, drilling, haulage and service crew works.
- Sound understanding of underground mining systems and operations.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Risk Management.
- Takes initiative.
- Detail focused.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.