Jobs In Tamale, Northern Region 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Tamale Technical University invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointments as Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff.
Tamale Technical University is a public university in Ghana. It was established in 1951 as a Trades Training Centre and was subsequently elevated as Junior Technical Institute in 1960. In August 1992, the institution was converted to a polytechnic following the promulgation of the PNDC Law 321 and later attained the status of a full-fledged university in 2018, through the Technical Universities (Amendment) Act, 2018 (Act 974).
The University is located in the capital city of the Northern Region of Ghana. Nestled in the Savannah Ecological Zone with all the amenities for raising a family, including affordable housing, etc.
The University provides a very friendly and people-centered environment for professional and personal growth. The core values of the University are discipline, efficiency, effectiveness, and excellence.
SECTION A: TEACHING STAFF
Categories and Qualifications
- Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer: Applicants must have a terminal degree (PhD) in a relevant subject area and must have attained the position of Associate Professor or Senior Lecturer from a recognized tertiary/research institution at the time of application. Applicants must show a strong research profile evidenced by peer-reviewed publication, presentation at academic conferences, published books/chapters, inventions, or evidence of applied research leading to the community or industrial applications.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Lecturer: Applicants must have a terminal degree (PhD) in a relevant subject area. Post qualification experience in a Lecturer’s grade from a recognized tertiary/research institution will be an asset. Evidence of teaching and research experience will be valuable.
- Assistant Lecturers: Applicants with strong demonstrated experience from a recognized tertiary/research institution with an M.Phil. or other thesis-based Master’s degree in a relevant subject area and are enrolled in a PhD programme are encouraged to apply
- Assistant Research Fellow: Applicants must show a strong demonstrated experience in research with an M.Phil. or other thesis-based Master’s degree in a relevant subject area.
- The candidates will be expected to teach at the undergraduate level and to conduct applied research in the relevant area. Ability to develop and teach graduate-level courses and to supervise graduate students will be an asset.
- Specific Areas for Teaching/Research
The following specific subject areas are required of interested applicants:
FACULTY OF APPLIED ARTS
- Languages and International Relations (Chinese, Arabic, and French background)
- Library/Information Studies
- Theatre Art
- Art and Design Innovation
- Graphic Communication and Design Technology
- Fashion Design and Textiles
FACULTY OF APPLIED SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation sciences
- Actuarial Science
- Food Science
- Hotel and Tourism Management
- Computer Science
- Decision Science/Financial Statistics
- Bio-statistics/computational statistics
- Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technology
FACULTY OF BUSINESS
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Digital marketing
- Oil and gas marketing
- Accounting/Finance with specialization in Accounting information systems or related disciplines
- Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development
CONTINUE READING BELOW
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
- Architectural Wood Technology
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
FACULTY OF BUILT AND NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
- Physical Planning
- Real Estate/Facility Planning
How To Apply
Applications should include cover letters (indicating the position applied for), Current Curriculum Vitae (with contact details of three referees), and copies of certificates.
Applicants for teaching positions should include brief teaching and research statement not exceeding two (2) pages.
Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also submit soft copies using an electronic mail (e-mail) to reach the addresses below:
The Registrar Tamale Technical University
P.O. Box 3 E/R
Closing Date: 30 August 2021
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.