Administrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana : Head of Division - Strategy Planning, Monitoring and EvaluationAdministrative/Secretarial Jobs In Ghana 2021
Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Purpose of Job
Purpose of Job
To provide strategic direction and leadership in managing the Division of Strategy Planning, Monitoring Evaluation to achieve the AfCFTA Secretariat’s strategic objectives and mandate.
- Provide technical leadership and ensure efficient functioning of the Division;
- Facilitate the formulation and ensure execution of AfCFTA Secretariat overall strategy;
- Ensure overall management of the Division’s personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline, and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures in force.
- Facilitate the preparation of periodic program performance reports and other relevant reports;
- Coordinate the design and implementation of program-related capacity building initiatives;
- Promote awareness and training of best practices in the area of expertise;
- Analyze and address problems arising from current approaches to strategic planning, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Develop and maintain regular working relations with top-level stakeholders in appropriate agencies of the Member States and partners;
- Engage stakeholders within the Members States and RECs in designing and implementing strategies;
- Mobilize funding from external stakeholders to execute AfCFTA Secretariat’s strategies and activities; and
- Ensure the creation of an inspiring work environment to enable staff development and professional progression.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and delivery of AfCFTA Secretariat’s long term and medium-term strategic plan, consistent with the African Union Agenda 2063;
- Foster institutionalization of Results-oriented culture within the AfCFTA Secretariat;
- Provide strategic guidance to the Directorates within the AfCFTA Secretariat and the formulation of the directorates action plans and budget;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the strategy across the AfCFTA Secretariat;
- Produce the required periodic reports of the activities of the AfCFTA Secretariat and ensure that agreed deadlines for these reports are strictly adhered to;
- Manage the Division’s staff performance following rules and regulations of the African Union.
- Manage risk within the division and recommend mitigation strategies;
- Build continental and global partnerships relevant to AfCFTA Secretariat’s mandate;
- Contribute to the overall work of the AfCFTA Secretariat by playing an effective role in the Senior Management Team;
- Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation tool on AfCFTA implementation by State Parties;
- Ensure the preparation of mid-year and annual reports on the status of the implementation of AfCFTA within the Secretariat, Regional Economic Communities and State Parties;
- Facilitate the mid and end-term evaluation of the AfCFTA strategic plan;
- Lead in the consultancy and feasibility studies of AfCFTA Secretariat’s projects;
- Attend technical and strategic meetings of the AfCFTA Secretariat; and
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or the Secretary-General.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A University Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, Project Management, Strategic Management, or any related field of study with twelve (12) years of relevant progressively responsible work experience in Strategic Planning, Monitoring and
- Evaluation functions out of which seven (7) years should be at the managerial level.
- Membership of a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally;
- Ability to identify key strategic opportunities and risks;
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines;
- A high level of attention to detail; and
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, and Spanish); fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Strategic Perspective:
- Developing Others:
- Change Management:
- Managing Risk:
- Building relationships:
- Foster Accountability Culture:
- Learning Orientation:
- Communicating with impact:
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Drive for result
- Fosters Innovation
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.