Jobs In Kumasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Provide financial advice, produce financial reports and develop strategies based on financial research. Guide senior Executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
REPORT TO: General Manager
Strategy and Policy Development
- Provide technical expertise in the development and implementation of the company’s Finance strategy as input into the overall Corporate Strategy.
- Provide leadership in the development of accounting/financial policies, standards operating procedures (SOPs), and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the Financial, Treasury, and Management Accounting functions of the company.
- Provide financial management support for the Annual Operating and Financial Strategic Plans of the company.
- Establish short & medium-term corporate objectives & work plans, in consultation with the General Manager and other Departments.
- Lead the financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business while challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets, and business enablers.
- Work with other team leaders to grow the business, formulating strategies and execute plans.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals, and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and financial advisors.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current laws.
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the General Manager and Management.
- Assist the Business Development & Communications Manager with all necessary financial conditions about contract signing, credit evaluation, credit control, and Account Receivables.
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, up to date with Groups Requirements, and support current activities and future growth.
- Monitor business/ financial risk management policies and procedures to ensure that departmental and organizational risks are minimized
- Advise the company's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for all processes and agreements
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate
- Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
Procurement/ Inventory Management
- Oversee and supervise the procurement function of the organization including purchases, suppliers’ agreement, property/facility management, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- Oversee the financial aspect of all leases, contracts, and other financial commitments
- To provide oversight on controls about inventory, fuel, and sundry.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with external auditors, regulatory agencies, and another external shareholders in the area of financial and management accounting.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree Accounting, Finance or Related Field
- Professional Certification
- Must be a member of a recognized professional accounting body (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA.
- 10- 12 years of progressive financial responsibility
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles/ International Financial Reporting System ( I.F.R.S).
- Must be able to demonstrate ability in financial modeling
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities
- Knowledge of provincial legislation on Employment Standards, Occupational Health, and Safety,
- Proficiency in Systems:
- Accounting, Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet
- Ability to use Accounting, Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet
- Ability to design and implement control systems and take corrective action to correct deviations.
- Ability to assign duties and monitor activities of immediate team members to ensure achievement of performance targets.
- Ability to identify training needs of immediate team members and recommend appropriate training for them.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all manner of people
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Creative, problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude
- Ability to articulate views and decisions and stick to them where necessary
Integrity: being truthful, trustworthy, and reliable
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.