Jobs In Accra 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
An International Private School, Springforth International School in the Adjiringanor community in Accra, seeks a dynamic, skilled, and experienced Principal to join our institution. The Principal is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership of the educational and operational activities of the Creche, Pre-school, Primary, and Junior High School.
The Principal is responsible for ensuring academic excellence, and for maintaining an environment conducive to teaching and learning; ensuring effective delivery and improvement of instruction; supervising, mentoring, and developing instructional staff; and ensuring that the school meets its goal and objectives.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that academic curriculum is implemented and adhered too
- Set high academic standards and a culture of high performance. Encourage an environment of student success,
- Maintain direct and indirect student contact to monitor progress and academic success
- Lead all initiatives to ensure the school meets defined enrollment and attendance goals.
- Implement effective internal assessment systems to monitor the academic growth of students across the short-term and multi-year periods.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Communication Student & Parent Relations
- Maintains excellent relationships with students, parents, and the community through PTA and school events.
- Identifies intellectual, physical, social, and emotional needs affecting students’ success in school
- Maintains and promotes the Christian values of the school and encourages a cooperative and participating attitude for teachers and students.
- Assists the Board of Directors in the development of school policies, rules, and regulations and ensuring that they are adhered to and maintained by parents, students, and all staff
- Oversees the management and confidentiality of student academic records.
- Oversees the administration of special education services and After-School Program
Staff Recruitment and Evaluation
- Recruit, hire and retain highly qualified administrative and instructional staff.
- Plan and implement staff orientation and year-round professional development for teaching staff and administration in coordination with the Director.
- Conducts lesson observations for staff appraisal and evaluation processes
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum Master’s degree in Education
- At least (8-10 ) years of teaching and school management experience, preferably in an international school
- At least five (5) years of experience with teacher coaching curriculum design or student assessment
- At least (5) years of demonstrated leadership and school management skills and experience
- Knowledge of the Cambridge and Ghana Education Service Curriculum
- Strong IT skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience utilizing school management software or E-learning applications
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Capacity to motivate and lead instructional staff to yield high academic performance from all students.
- Possess strong Christian values and display Christian attitudes and behaviors
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
How To Apply
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.