Jobs In Kumasi 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Winrock under the MATE MASIE project is seeking to engage a Private Sector Engagement Specialist be it individual or firm/organization.
The Private Sector Engagement Specialist will:
Conduct an analysis of private sector companies in Ghana’s cocoa landscape to understand opportunities for collaboration
Based on the analysis, develop a private sector engagement plan, including identifying actions to be taken to facilitate partnerships between cooperatives and private sector partners
Train MATE MASIE staff on implementing the private sector engagement plan and partnership-building training guide/manual.
Detailed Description of Duties
- Conduct an analysis of private sector companies in Ghana’s cocoa landscape to understand opportunities for collaboration that will facilitate improved access to child labor remediation services by vulnerable households.
- The analysis will include a particular focus on identifying potential actors in the cocoa supply chain interested in supporting child labour reduction initiatives as part of a sustainable value chain.
- This will include desk research, as well as a review of findings from previous interviews the project conducted with private sector stakeholders.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- The specialist will conduct additional interviews with private sector stakeholders (i.e. buyers, manufacturers, input suppliers, processors and international and domestic traders) to identify the relevant activities of each entity; linkages between different stakeholders; their capacities and constraints/issues; and identify areas where support can be solicited for further collaboration.
- The specialist will also conduct interviews with NGO and government stakeholders with experience collaborating with the private sector to further assess best practices and opportunities for private sector collaboration.
- Based on the analysis, develop a private sector engagement plan, including identifying actions to be taken to facilitate partnerships between cooperatives and private sector partners.
Private sector engagement plan:
- The plan will identify a number of key private sector stakeholders to involve in the implementation of the MATE
- MASIE project, outline how to best engage them and how strategic alliances can be developed.
- It will also include a description of the types of support the project will need from local government partners and other stakeholders and development partners in Ghana’s cocoa sector, as well as recommendations and best practices for private sector engagement.
- The plan will also identify practical partnership support actions, including training and resource mobilization needs, of cocoa, cooperatives to be implemented over the life of the project.
- Train MATE MASIE staff on implementing the private sector engagement plan. Deliver training of trainers (ToT) on partnership for the MATE MASIE field team, including the Project Director, M&E Officer, Capacity Building
- Specialist, and the Project Field Officers to ensure that the follow-up and execution of partnership at the district and cooperative levels.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in government relations, corporate social responsibility, sustainability, business and human rights, and/or private-sector social compliance programs.
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement, coalition building, and public-private partnerships to address social issues, including labour rights, and provision of remediation services.
- Knowledge of labour laws and remediation resources and services in Ghana is preferred
- Understanding of key labour issues within cocoa supply chains, including child labour.
- Experience liaising with public and private sector officials and familiarity with Ghanaian government structures
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness, and sensitivity
- Fluency in English is required
- Evidence of delivering similar assignment
- Strong analytical, research and presentation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Applicants should submit the following documents, referencing MATE MASIE Private Sector Engagement Specialist.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Proposed work plan
- Narrative proposal (3-5 pages) describing how the consultant will achieve the objectives of the assignment
- Financial proposal in MS Excel (including labour costs, anticipated travel, per diem, and other task-related expenses)
How To Apply
Interested applicants should:
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.