Jobs In Ghana 2021
Job Alerts: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Internal Auditor position at Evangelical Presbyterian University College is a senior management position. The Internal Auditor has the responsibility of auditing all financial transactions and records of the university college and thereby ensuring compliance with all related financial rules and regulations.
He/She is also t ensure that financial transactions are in line with budgetary provisions as well as the Constitution, statutes, and other regulations approved by the university college.
Above all, the job holder will initiate and implement internal accounting procedures, systems, and controls and shall report to the University College Council.
The Internal Auditor shall perform the customary functions of his/her office, including but not limited to the following:
- Verifying assets;
- Recommending and ensuring compliance with laid-down or appropriate cost-control and fraud-control procedures and regulations;
- Ensuring that financial transactions have obtained the requisite authorization:
- Initiating or carrying out any investigations at the president’s instance and issuing queries as appropriate;
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Ascertaining the extent to which assets of the university college are used, accounted for, and safeguarded against waste, errors, misappropriation, misapplication, and losses of all kinds and issue queries as appropriate;
- Reviewing and appraising where necessary, the adequacy, soundness, and applications of accounting, financial and operational controls:
- Performing such other functions as may be prescribed by the University College Council, the president, the senate, or the Administrative and Social Services Board;
- Assuring the university management of the completeness, accuracy, and reliability of financial records and information needed for decision-making:
- Carrying out special reviews of systems aimed at stamping out weaknesses;
- Arranging to obtain, develop and maintain appropriate human and other resources necessary for the attainment of the objectives of the audit department of the university college.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant must:
- Be a qualified member of a recognized professional body such as ICA, ACCA, CIMA, or CPA;
- Have at least a three-year post qualification experience with at least two (2) years in a senior management position;
- Have experience preferably in a higher educational institution or a practicing;
- And must possess an MBA, M.Sc., or MPhil. (Accounting or Finance option).
THE APPLICANT MUST:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative, visionary, and proactive;
- Have a hands-on mentality and the ability to work independently.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills,
- Be a good team player,
- Have strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software; and
- Have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should direct the soft (PDF) copy of their applications, which should include an application letter, a two-page vision statement, a CV, contact details of three (3) referees, certificates, and publications (if any) to:
The Ag. Registrar
E. P. University College
P. O. Box HP 678
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: On or before 3rd September 2021.
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.